Open Club  ·  98 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Weird Weather!

7 hours ago, yogacat said:

No. 

I made mud pies with dirt and water. I didn't eat them. 🤣

No GI Joe? I thought most men loved their GI Joes.

I loved G.I. Joe, Star Wars, Real Ghostbusters, and my favorite was M.A.S.K.

• Like 2

Love how a conversation about the weather (still hot by the way) morphs into remembering childhood toys.

For some these will bring back memories. For others they may cause nightmares. But if you had saved them you could be making a nice bit of profit on ebay.

Food-Fighters-Feature.jpg?ssl=1

• Like 2

I LOVED Garbage Pail Kids. I collected those stinkers and had swap sales in my backyard. 😂 

GPK_8a_adambomb.jpg

And stickers...loved collecting all kinds of neat stickers and putting them into a little photo albums.

• Like 1

Had Garbage Pail Kids as well. Remember the sticker books based on all kinds of cartoons and topic? Buying packs and trading your repeats until you fill in the whole book?

Had a collection of these little Monsters in my Pocket, all based on actual mythological creatures. Apparently there was a legal dispute with Pokemon over the similarity in name.

il_794xN.5003940530_1uzl.jpg

• Like 2

10 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Had Garbage Pail Kids as well. Remember the sticker books based on all kinds of cartoons and topic? Buying packs and trading your repeats until you fill in the whole book?

Had a collection of these little Monsters in my Pocket, all based on actual mythological creatures. Apparently there was a legal dispute with Pokemon over the similarity in name.

il_794xN.5003940530_1uzl.jpg

Oh my, look at that big, green guy! Is that the Hulk in the bottom left? Those little trinkets are a treasure!

To keep on topic, it's drizzly and cool this morning. 

Here I am, basking in a lovely cool breeze from the mountains, while just a distance away, the sun is scorching.

Oh, the joys of living in southern California. 🌞

On 7/9/2024 at 7:49 PM, yogacat said:

I LOVED Garbage Pail Kids. I collected those stinkers and had swap sales in my backyard. 😂 

GPK_8a_adambomb.jpg

And stickers...loved collecting all kinds of neat stickers and putting them into a little photo albums.

Mine was King-Sized Kevin.  At least once a day in elementary school I got teased when that card came out as I was heavyset.  LOL!

• Haha 2

Sweet April Doll - 1970s.  I finally got one when I was about 6 years old after a brief hospital stay -my grandfather and mom came to visit me with a brown paper bag and my grandfather smiled and said "we got you a loaf of fresh bread!"  I was almost in tears until they took the doll out.

8ecd10b5404d8c3f59219dd9f7201189.jpg

• Like 1

13 hours ago, BeaTlesFan77 said:

Mine was King-Sized Kevin.  At least once a day in elementary school I got teased when that card came out as I was heavyset.  LOL!

😂

Not Slobby Robby? 🫠

PS. I was VERY skinny as a child, would wear 2-3 pairs of pants so that I didn't look like a chicken. Which, people would poke fun of me for, calling me "chicken legs." Or, that I overdosed on slimfast.

Kids are brutal.

The most disgusting trading cards ever made: exclusive Boing Boing preview! - Boing Boing