Open Club  ·  98 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Happy Canada Day!!

Seraphim

Husband and son returned from Ottawa Saturday!! My son's first time and they had a blast and also heard fireworks I think -they stayed near a minor league baseball stadium.

Happy belated Canada day!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Husband and son returned from Ottawa Saturday!! My son's first time and they had a blast and also heard fireworks I think -they stayed near a minor league baseball stadium.

Happy belated Canada day!

I am glad they had a good time ! 

15 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Did they go to any of the many museums?

I will ask.  I know they went to the capitol buildings (I did as well when I was there many years ago loved it) - but I will ask -they had 2 full days and one morning there.  They flew out of upstate NY to where we live and drove across the border (with a notarized letter from me that he could take our son to Canada without me lol -a letter they didn't check)

2 hours ago, Batya33 said:

I will ask.  I know they went to the capitol buildings (I did as well when I was there many years ago loved it) - but I will ask -they had 2 full days and one morning there.  They flew out of upstate NY to where we live and drove across the border (with a notarized letter from me that he could take our son to Canada without me lol -a letter they didn't check)

We call them Parliament Buildings and Parliament Hill. 😉

Yeah, when my SIL took our son to Florida without us we had a letter we both signed because he was still a minor . 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Seraphim said:

We call them Parliament Buildings and Parliament Hill. 😉

Yeah, when my SIL took our son to Florida without us we had a letter we both signed because he was still a minor . 

Yes so they went there and did tours inside but this time they didn't go to museums.

2 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Yes so they went there and did tours inside but this time they didn't go to museums.

Some of the Parliament blocks are under reconstruction I know . Some are open. We are going to the Aviation and Space Museum today. 

8 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Some of the Parliament blocks are under reconstruction I know . Some are open. We are going to the Aviation and Space Museum today. 

oh enjoy! My son went to a science museum yesterday -he's a counselor-in-training. The smithsonian air and space museum in DC is incredible. 

Just now, Batya33 said:

oh enjoy! My son went to a science museum yesterday -he's a counselor-in-training. The smithsonian air and space museum in DC is incredible. 

It is !! I have been to that part of the Smithsonian!! We were there July 2001. I have pictures of my son there as a wee guy. We did a 2 week trip of DC and surrounding areas. 

• Thanks 1