Ciswoman interested in FTM

For the past month and a half me and a coworker have been flirting I couldn't tell if he was interested or not but then he'd come where I'm usually at to talk. Last week we exchanged IG handles & started following each other initially I looked at the first few pics & highlights mostly him with/ family and friends & didn't think anything of it until he started avoiding me at work. So, then I did a deep dive through his IG and I think that was his way of telling me he's trans without having to have the conversation. The next day he completely avoided me -  So, I liked a few pictures and left a comment and eventually, we exchanged numbers but neither of us have reached out - I don't want bring it up because it isn't an issue but mostly I don't want to make it awkward. so now I'm thinking maybe he wasn't into me, but why tell me? I'm confused I'm a ciswoman who's straight and have only dated other cismen but I'm not opposed to dating him I know it would be different because of his genitals but what do I do? 

Also, I have questions but what's appropriate to ask. 

32 minutes ago, TiffanyJones1 said:

until he started avoiding me at work. So, then I did a deep dive through his IG .  The next day he completely avoided me -  So, I liked a few pictures and left a comment and eventually, we exchanged numbers but neither of us have reached out - I don't want bring it up because it isn't an issue but mostly I don't want to make it awkward. so now I'm thinking maybe he wasn't into me, what do I do? 

I wouldn't do anything as it seems he's really not interested.  If he is, let him reach out, but the way it looks right now it doesn't seem that way.

• 5 weeks later...
On 7/1/2024 at 7:42 AM, TiffanyJones1 said:

For the past month and a half me and a coworker have been flirting I couldn't tell if he was interested or not but then he'd come where I'm usually at to talk. Last week we exchanged IG handles & started following each other initially I looked at the first few pics & highlights mostly him with/ family and friends & didn't think anything of it until he started avoiding me at work. So, then I did a deep dive through his IG and I think that was his way of telling me he's trans without having to have the conversation. The next day he completely avoided me -  So, I liked a few pictures and left a comment and eventually, we exchanged numbers but neither of us have reached out - I don't want bring it up because it isn't an issue but mostly I don't want to make it awkward. so now I'm thinking maybe he wasn't into me, but why tell me? I'm confused I'm a ciswoman who's straight and have only dated other cismen but I'm not opposed to dating him I know it would be different because of his genitals but what do I do? 

This guy has been vulnerable enough to share this bit of very personal info with you, albeit in a roundabout way. It may be hard for him to talk about it, and to me it sounds like he is very anxious about how you will react, which may be why he is avoiding you.

The ball is in your court. If you want to explore this friendship further invite him for coffee and tell him there is no issue, and that you would like to get to know him better, and you can also then ask him if he wants to talk about his transition.

Then see where it goes? If it does develop into something more you can always then have the conversation about physical intimacy and practicalities, so don't worry about that yet.

Good luck!

in general, trust your instinct and just be honest. If you like someone and want to spend more time with them, then just ask to spend more time with them. Most other things are distractions that cause us to avoid the real issue, how we feel. You can't know how things will turn out. But if you are feeling something, there is a reason. So might as well see how it goes and actually do something about it.

In this case, it's a personally topic, so let him bring it up when he is ready. Just be a friend, spend time together, and see what happens.

If you ever see this Tiffany, I hope things went okay for you.