FWB never compliments me but always tells me when a woman is hot or sexy.

Actually, I too am going to walk away from this thread. Obviously, anything I say will just conjure up some more heated arguments about this situation that I'm in with this man. So I am choosing to bow out.

I do appreciate everybody's advice and comments, I really do, but I think I need to try this out and see how it goes between us. I'm not so quick to walk away right now. The fact that everyone thinks I'm settling is very upsetting to me, because I don't feel like I am. It's what I want, and it's going to be what I do for the time being—unless something changes, who knows? 

We also went out on a breakfast date in addition to the coffee date, just so you know. Not that it really matters as that was almost 4 months ago. No, I have not spent time with his friends or family because up until this point, it was only a FWB situation. Why would he introduce me to his son/family/friends as a FWB? That would be inappropriate. I didn't introduce him to my daughter or my friends, because why would I? Let's see if he does now that we're choosing to be exclusive. If he doesn't, so be it. It's still just a casual relationship—we both agreed on this. And because we live an hour away, it's not so convenient. I told him on the phone the other night that I have NO desire to go to his house. I don't want to see it. I already know where he lives, and that's fine with me. I do, however, want to meet his son and I hope I can, but I have no desire to meet his wife. At all.

The only reason why I was fixated on his past relationship with that woman was because I am curious—I still am—and I wanted to be in a relationship with him at the time. Now we are. But again, because of our distance, I know I won't see him as often as I'd like, and that's OK. I plan on staying very busy this summer with tennis and running. I've already signed up for a tennis tournament in July, so I really want to get into shape for that because I'll be playing singles.

So thank you again for everyone's kind comments—yes, even the harsh ones. I put it all out there and I wanted to hear everybody's opinion/side to this. I don't regret that. But I think for my sanity, I will walk away now. I will definitely re-read this thread as recommended, and try to look at it as an outsider.

Thanks guys! I'm out...

2 minutes ago, graphicdesigner said:

Actually, I too am going to walk away from this thread.  But I think for my sanity, I will walk away now. I will definitely re-read this thread as recommended, and try to look at it as an outsider.

Thanks guys! I'm out..

And with that, Thread closed.

• Like 1