How to deal with hypocrisy?

Sarah Smith

So my now ex was liking girls inappropriate pics on instagram all the time. Even girls he knew and in his area…

I told him multiple times it bothers me but he didn’t stop.

He even gave out his socials to girls at bars…

Well, I was like fine, we are playing by the same rules then. And I liked one  guys photo. And my ex broke up with me because I liked ONE photo?!? After everything he did

I just feel like I’ve been done wrong and like this is super unfair. How do I deal with the aftermath of this?

4 minutes ago, Sarah Smith said:

.He even gave out his socials to girls at bars…, I was like fine, we are playing by the same rules then. And I liked one  guys photo. 

You made the right decision ending it. Please delete and block him and all his people from ALL your social media and messaging apps. 

"Super unfair" isn't the issue. He was being a jerk but playing games like giving him a taste of his own medicine to teach him a lesson won't change that. 

• Like 2

There need not be any aftermath at all. Walk away.  End all contact.  Some people act like jerks to other people.  He acted like a jerk and it was a last straw situation so you walk away and then there is nothing to "deal with." I'm sorry he acted like a jerk.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sarah Smith said:

So my now ex was liking girls inappropriate pics on instagram all the time. Even girls he knew and in his area…

Well, I was like fine, we are playing by the same rules then. And I liked one  guys photo. And my ex broke up with me because I liked ONE photo?!? After everything he did

I just feel like I’ve been done wrong and like this is super unfair. How do I deal with the aftermath of this?

A guy like this is never going to be fair.

If he is behaving like this, there's a very high chance he would have eventually cheated on you.

Thank your lucky stars you got away from him.

Very immature, very disrespectful guy.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sarah Smith said:

How do I deal with the aftermath of this?

What aftermath? He already broke up. Probably because he was just looking for an excuse so he could date any of his other Instagram crushes.

Next time when you see innapropriate behavior run, dont expect somebody would stop being innapropriate for you. Or if you test them with similar behavior. As you can see, it doesnt work. Let that be your lesson about the aftermath of this.

• Like 3

On 11/20/2023 at 3:47 AM, Sarah Smith said:

Hun he was projecting....he knew what he was doing was bad, so to see you doing it...well there you go. It's narcissistic behaviour...they only play by their own rules, and if you rub something in their face their ego takes a huge hit. That's why he acted the way he did. Girl it was the best thing he could ever do for you is by breaking up with you. The guy is a jerk. You can do way better than him. I hope this is a lesson learned that if they behave this way, you send them to the curb immediately, no if's and or buts.

Disregard his hypocrisy.  He's your ex.  He shouldn't matter to you anymore. 

Whether he's still with you,  your ex or other hypocrites in this world,  there's nothing you can do about it.  A lot of people pretend to be good and during weak moments in their character,  arguments or whenever life isn't rosy,  their true unsavory characters are revealed to you.  Deal with it then if these people remain in your life but if they are an ex,  they're history. 

Dealing meaning boundaries and the like.  He's an ex so move on with your life and leave him behind where he should remain. 

Also,  delete and block him everywhere so he'll become out of sight,  out of mind.  The less you know,  the more you could care less.  😊