Do I join this relationship?

collegegirl2005

I recently just started seeing this man off of hinge! We have been seeing each other for about a month or so. He is genuinely one of the kindest people I have ever met and our feelings for each other have grown so so deeply. But, just yesterday he told me that he has to move out of the country for a job in about 2 weeks (he’s a golf pro) and that it will be a year long thing. He’s saying that he wants to start dating and that he will fly me out to Cabo when ever I want to see him, roughy 1-2 times a month. I feel insane for wanting to start this, do you think this is reasonable or doomed to fail? 

Only month in I would say not a good idea.

How about you consider just seeing how things go once he leaves instead of locking down what is actually going to happen?  He leaves, you both see how you feel about the distance and your visits and go from there.

Chances are he will be meet other women while there and since you have only been seeing each other a month he will feel less of an obligation towards you.  Seems pretty risky to waste a year on a guy you just met don't you think?

Also is this his lifestyle where he travels for work for extended periods a lot?  How does that fit in with your lifestyle?  Just doesn't seem like a good match logistically.

Lost

• Like 1

1 hour ago, collegegirl2005 said:

He’s saying that he wants to start dating and that he will fly me out to Cabo when ever I want to see him he wants sex, roughy 1-2 times a month.

There, fixed it for you.

Dont agree to that arrangement with somebody who was a stranger a month ago.

• Haha 1

How do you feel about putting your whole dating life on hold for someone you barely know?

What are your goals for dating, are those well formed?

If you’re in your fertility years and want to find a dedicated partner with whom to build a future and, when you are ready, a family, then how would it fit to put all potential prospects for that on hold for someone who likes you after a few dates but wants to go chase his balls somewhere else?

Isn’t this plan of his something he could have told you when you first met him?

3 hours ago, collegegirl2005 said:

He’s saying that he wants to start dating...

Start dating?   What have you been doing the past two weeks?  Hanging out as friends?  Have you had sex yet?

I dunno he doesn't sound so "kind" to me, he sounds shady.  

Wants to start dating (having sex) BUT leaving in two weeks for a year.  But promises to fly you out twice a month.  

Yeah right, and I'm the Queen of England.

No thank you. 

Oh, Lordy,

In this day and age with sex trafficking a major problem, I would never throw caution to the wind. Please don't consider these sort of dangers being far-fetched. Start reading about how women have been duped and held sexual prisoners, including in America. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, collegegirl2005 said:

. He’s saying that he wants to start dating and that he will fly me out to Cabo when ever I want to see him, roughy 1-2 times a month.

It's not worth the offer of free trips. There's no free lunch. He doesn't know you and his story seems fishy. Who pays for round trip tickets twice a month to a resort area in Mexico for someone they just met?