Struggling to keep things moving in right direction

crazyiness728

been with my boyfriend almost 2 years and while he was ready to move in with me after 8 months I wasn't and still am not ready. I tried to break up with him a few months ago telling him I can't take the pressure so he backed off. That was until the other day.  

I had to fly out of state for a family medical emergency for several days involving my adult child. He seemed concerned for my well being and that of the ill family member but before I knew it while I was away dealing with this issue, he started visiting new home developments and sending me multiple emails asking me to look at it...and that we should visit some of the sites next weekend.

Mind you we discussed moving, if at all, next Spring and it's not even September yet.  I do care for him and we have lots in common and I know he cares for me but I don't think I can manage his pushiness.  I'm a lot older and know there are few men that don't have some issues and I don't like being alone, but I just don't know if I can put up with this much longer.

What factors should I consider before deciding whether to continue this relationship?

11 minutes ago, crazyiness728 said:

been with my boyfriend almost 2 years and while he was ready to move in with me after 8 months. I had to fly out of state for a family medical emergency for several days involving my adult child. 

Listen to your adult children. You have several different threads with several user names about this man trying to get you to buy him a house and your children warning you about being a vulnerable widowed senior. Is this the same man?:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, crazyiness728 said:

.  I'm a lot older  and I don't like being alone, 

Get a nice 55+ carefree condo near your adult children. You need to start thinking about your retirement, not how buying this guy a house because "his wife took him to the cleaners in the divorce". 

You'll make plenty of friends and there's plenty of people in your age group and plenty of social activities. Maybe you'll meet a nice widower who's not a selfish creep.

You need to learn a lot about finances and retirement. Even though you don't get along that well with your family, (because they hate him for good reason) that's no reason to find a nice retirement community with all the amenities near people you can count on.

• Like 2

If he was caring for an ill family member, would you be talking to him about anything other than asking about how he and his family member is doing? Making yourself single and therefore free to meet a better prospect is far more advantageous to you than being with someone who is clearly self-centered. 

Like I said before, my mamma said you are best to have a gentleman friends for companionship. At the end of the night he goes to his home.

Sounds like this guy is getting desperate for money. You are his future financial security and he's thinking only about himself. That's why you are jumping in your skin right now.....he's up to no good. Breakup with him.

Appreciate everyone’s input. I didn’t even include the most troubling part which is when I finally got back in town he said that he barely heard from me (even though I called and texted every day) and also he said he hopes that’s not how it will be if we rent for the 3 months together (that I’ll spend too much time with daughter and not him). So he made me feel guilty even though the trip wasn’t a vacation but taking care of my daughter. Give me a break!