I like this girl and don’t know how to go about it

throwaway05022005

Not sure if this is the right subcategory for this but seems like the closest one to it.

Met this girl at orientation week of college, and she is super sweet and fun to be around. We’re also doing very similar majors which means I’ll most likely share some classes with her, and I really like her. However I’m not so sure if she likes me back because there are times where I think she does and other times where I don’t think so.

We’re both part of a friend group and I heard that one or two of the other guys in the group may also like her. I feel like it’s too soon to do anything, but I also want to tell her how I feel before they do. 

Very complicated situation, so any genuine advice will be great

9 minutes ago, throwaway05022005 said:

. We’re also doing very similar majors which means I’ll most likely share some classes with her, We’re both part of a friend group and 

That's a great start. Be friendly smile say hi get into some small talk etc. Invite her to connect on social media.

Think about starting/hosting a study group for some of your classes and invite her. Also suggest going to the library together and invite her for coffee, etc.

You could download a popular dating app in your area and see if she's on it. Don't forget to see what other types of social activities are on campus and of course ask her which ones she likes. If there's parties or mixers make sure you go.

On 8/19/2023 at 2:26 PM, throwaway05022005 said:

I also want to tell her how I feel before they do

Is this a brand new friend group? Just get to gradually know her. It's not like a person has chemistry with anyone they meet, so just because those two guys are attracted to her, doesn't mean she'd be interested in them. If you act overeager like it's some race to the finish line, you'll scare a woman away. And no, you never tell someone you've never been on a date with how you "feel." You simply look for signs she might say yes if you asked her out, then you ask her out. She will know you are interested if you ask her to get together for something that's clearly a date. She will then have the chance to give an excuse if she's not interested, and if that's the case, don't press her and ask again. If a woman is interested but busy the day you want to meet, she will always come up with an alternated date.

Telling a woman how you feel will make her feel awkward, and there's no squirming out of that. Save sharing feelings for when you actually date someone long enough to become boyfriend and girlfriend. 

Good luck and let us know how it goes.

I suggest you give it some more time.  This is all very new for you all.

You admit, at times you're not sure, then leave it be for now.  Who knows, by the end of the year she may be dating someone.. or not.  And you know nothing about her, maybe she's up to partying and playing the field?

So, back off for now and monitor from a distance 🙂 .  Focus on your school work and your own social life.

18 minutes ago, smackie9 said:

Chat her up and ask her out before the other guy does. Confidence wins the girl. Ask her to go out for a slice of pizza...something simple and casual. It's better to get to know her away from the group. 

Would agree with this, confidently ask her out to do something instead of having a cheesy 'I like you' type convo, least you can get to know each other and also agree better to get her in a one on one type situation without other guys interfering with the dynamic.