What to do to get this guy back?

Jessicat1990

17 hours ago, Jessicat1990 said:

I won’t tell my boy friend about Josh as there maybe a fight I don’t want that.

Assuming there wasn't any prior domestic violence or abuse that occurred in the relationship, I'd say it's best to just come clean. But if there was, for your own safety, just keep it along the lines of "I'm sorry, but I no longer have feelings for you" or "I'm no longer happy in this relationship". And maybe do it in a public space

On 4/12/2023 at 3:52 PM, Graystation108 said:

Assuming there wasn't any prior domestic violence or abuse that occurred in the relationship, I'd say it's best to just come clean. But if there was, for your own safety, just keep it along the lines of "I'm sorry, but I no longer have feelings for you" or "I'm no longer happy in this relationship". And maybe do it in a public space

Thanks that’s what I’ve done and he was upset 😢 I’ve moved back to my parents for now. I saw Josh walking his dog I went to walk over to stroke his dog and he pulled his dog away saying not that direction.

18 minutes ago, Jessicat1990 said:

Thanks that’s what I’ve done and he was upset 😢 I’ve moved back to my parents for now. I saw Josh walking his dog I went to walk over to stroke his dog and he pulled his dog away saying not that direction.

Josh is likely a lost cause. You showed him you're capable of deceit, of using him for gifts and potentially of infidelity. 

This doesn't have to define you. You can decide you don't want to behave this way anymore. You can focus on doing a good job at work and on being professional and pleasant to all your coworkers. And no more deceit or using people for gifts. 

Just out of curiosity, are you a younger woman? Say, late teens or early 20s?

• Thanks 2

1 hour ago, Jessicat1990 said:

I saw Josh walking his dog I went to walk over to stroke his dog and he pulled his dog away saying not that direction.

That's actually creepy behavior on your part.  This man wants nothing to do with you.  Leave him and his dog alone.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, boltnrun said:

Josh is likely a lost cause. You showed him you're capable of deceit, of using him for gifts and potentially of infidelity. 

This doesn't have to define you. You can decide you don't want to behave this way anymore. You can focus on doing a good job at work and on being professional and pleasant to all your coworkers. And no more deceit or using people for gifts. 

Just out of curiosity, are you a younger woman? Say, late teens or early 20s?

I am 24

• 2 weeks later...
4 hours ago, boltnrun said:

And she's a drug user who this guy went out on a limb to set up with a job. Not cool how she's treated him. 

I'm not the least bit concerned with the guy who set her up with the job, or the coworker, or the boyfriend. Don't ask me why- the answer is against the rules (even though it's already been stated elsewhere on this thread because it's so obvious).

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

So she reported him to the Boss? Goes to show no good deed goes unpunished when you help bad people.

Also Wiseman and smackie are doing a double duty lol

I can only imagine how that conversation went.

"Um, Boss? That guy who got me this job won't give me gifts anymore just because I sorta lied to him about having a boyfriend. Can you force him to talk to me and start giving me expensive gifts again? Maybe tell him he's fired if he doesn't. BTW, I like Ghost perfume and expensive jewelry (twirls hair)"

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

9 hours ago, MissCanuck said:

I am surprised anyone still believes OP's stories, to be honest. 

Must be boring under OP's bridge. 

Like I said earlier I personally know someone who did almost this exact same thing. She is all about getting guys to give her money and gifts. She would even send guys lingerie pics when she was living with a boyfriend. She was trying to entice them into giving her things. She strung one guy along for seven years, telling him that "someday" they'd be together. He gave her literally thousands of dollars before he finally got smart and told her to step off. 

However, I do agree the OP is malingering about the details for some reason, though. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, boltnrun said:

Like I said earlier I personally know someone who did almost this exact same thing.

Did you miss my post where this same story was posted elsewhere- yet some of the most important facts were completely different?

4 minutes ago, gamon said:

Did you miss my post where this same story was posted elsewhere- yet some of the most important facts were completely different?

Nope, I didn't miss it. I even made reference to it in the post you copied that snippet from. Here:

5 hours ago, boltnrun said:

However, I do agree the OP is malingering about the details for some reason, though. 

1 minute ago, gamon said:

Guess it depends on your definition of "malingering". As posted above, it's rather surprising anyone is actually replying to this person as if the story has any merit whatsoever.

Yeah, malingering has to do with feigning illness. It can apply to mental illness as well!

I would lean toward attention seeking.