Was he manipulating me?

I'm really sad it's ended but mostly relieved. In the beginning he called me a coward for not wanting to give him a chance. But I did and now it's ended badly. The last week or so he's been really quiet and started to ask me if I'm okay all the time and then came out with am I breaking up with him? He said it's because I've been distant and have ignored him but we're always together. He never gives me any privacy and he leaves a mess in every room. 

I told him I am unwell and exhausted, I even have it on my medical records which I told him about  I was diagnosed with something but this wasn't good enough for him. I'm still not doing enough for him because I don't ask how work was? He was criticising everything I said.  

What do you mean "manipulating you"?

- You are a coward for not wanting to date me!

- No, I am not the coward, I will date you!

I mean, even if it is manipulation who would be that vain to fall for that? Its just dumb.

You can say that he is "needy". And that is never a good thing. But according to you

7 hours ago, leahm939 said:

I'm really sad it's ended but mostly relieved.

somebody already broke up. So what is the issue here?

9 hours ago, leahm939 said:

I'm really sad it's ended but mostly relieved.. He never gives me any privacy and he leaves a mess in every room. 

Sorry this is happening. How long have you been together? Do you live together?

It seems like you dodged a bullet if he's causing stress for you. Have you broken up?

Focus on talking care of yourself and your physical and mental health. 

We were only together for 6 months and doesn't live with me. He wants me to think about whether I want him back. He's given me 4 days to think about it and if I don't want to work it out then he'll pick up his stuff. 

I just stopped wanting him now. He kept calling me and I wanted to be left alone. 

Everything he did was irritating me. He said he is sorry. But I don't know if I should if he keeps making a deal out of me not giving him enough attention. And he annoys me mostly. I have loved someone before but this doesn't feel like that strong love. 

8 minutes ago, leahm939 said:

We were only together for 6 months and doesn't live with me. He wants me to think about whether I want him back. He's given me 4 days to think about it and if I don't want to work it out then he'll pick up his stuff. 

I just stopped wanting him now. He kept calling me and I wanted to be left alone. 

Everything he did was irritating me. He said he is sorry. But I don't know if I should if he keeps making a deal out of me not giving him enough attention. And he annoys me mostly. I have loved someone before but this doesn't feel like that strong love. 

You don’t even need 4 minutes. Why in the world would you try to convince yourself to be with someone you’re not interested in romantically and don’t even like much ??

• Like 1
7 hours ago, leahm939 said:

Request that he pick up his stuff.  When you see him in person, tell him that it's time to go your separate ways and wish him all the best.  Request NC (no contact) permanently.  Then part ways peacefully.  Don't explain.

If he's relentless, block and delete him permanently.  Move on.

• Like 1
  • 4 weeks later...

I recently had an experience with a person who was manipulating me in a very subtle way. At first, I didn't realize what was happening, but eventually I began to recognize the signs. This person would use guilt and emotional manipulation to get me to do what they wanted. They would also make me feel like I was wrong or bad if I didn't comply with their requests. I felt like my autonomy was being taken away and it was a very uncomfortable situation.