Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

World Cup

Kwothe28

Might be an empty topic because I dont know how much people here follows sport. But Football World Cup is the biggest sports manifestation in the world. There was a lot of problem within organization this year. World Cup is usually in the summer. But since desert temperatures are insufferable in summer, they needed to move it to November/December. Not to mention other morally questionable stuff. 

But, its still The World Cup. Something that football fans are waiting every 4 years. The last chance for the legends like Ronaldo and Messi to finally lift the trophy. Lots of great teams eyeing trophy like Brazil, France and Argentina. Lots of others like England who think every year that "Its coming home". Lots of "shadow" favorites like Germany, Belgium or Spain. 

So, who are your picks? Is there anybody you are rooting for?

My country is there but we have a tough group with Brazil. So doubt we will go further from the group. But we will see. We have an unusually great attack this year and play a good football. But we will see. 

1 hour ago, Wiseman2 said:

Yes the zero alcohol thing will have some fans rather thirsty🍻

Eh, they would have served Budweiser on stadiums anyway. 😁

Buddy of mine was in Dubai. He said they allow it through "unnoficial channels" despite ban. So fans in Qatar would maybe get it that way. But on stadium probably no. Ecuadorians sang "We want beer" during opening game. 🤣

Argentina hasnt lost in 36 matches. So they do have a strong run going.

• Like 1