Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Family and Life Updates

boltnrun

16 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

The packing seems to be helping. The pain is definitely greatly reduced. I'm really hoping it's healed enough so I don't have to take the paste and tweezers and gauze and syringe with me on my trip.

When are you going ? Gums heal pretty quickly . 

1 minute ago, Seraphim said:

When are you going ? Gums heal pretty quickly . 

I'm leaving Friday.

Although it's been 12 days since I had the extraction and it's still not healed. But definitely better than it was a few days ago.

1 minute ago, boltnrun said:

I'm leaving Friday.

Although it's been 12 days since I had the extraction and it's still not healed. But definitely better than it was a few days ago.

I expect since it is on its way to healing it should happen quickly now . 

My brother is trying to pin me down to go to an event at 8:00 am Saturday morning. We are supposed to be on vacation and I will NOT commit to going somewhere that early. He got snippy when I said I was likely not going to want to get up that early. He isn't going to have his car with him but he can take a Lyft or something if he wants to go out that early.

Both of his wives were always running late and missing flights. It must have driven him crazy since he likes to be two hours early to everything. But not crazy enough to not marry TWO latenicks!

Struggling today. Lack of adequate sleep, and my socket packing came out so I had to rush to repack it before I left home. So I got to work later than I wanted to. And I'm so very, very tired.

I'm getting assignments that require a great deal of focus and concentration. I sure hope I can do this. Mistakes are not an option, not in this industry.

My job has finally been posted as a direct hire position. I was way too out of it yesterday to update my resume, so I'll do it tonight and submit the application tomorrow. The HR person who posted the job told my manager to let me know it was posted, so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

4 hours ago, boltnrun said:

My job has finally been posted as a direct hire position. I was way too out of it yesterday to update my resume, so I'll do it tonight and submit the application tomorrow. The HR person who posted the job told my manager to let me know it was posted, so I'm hoping that's a good sign.

I hope you get it ! 

19 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I hope you get it ! 

Thank you!

The socket where my tooth used to be still hurts. A lot. But bearable compared to a week ago. I thought 16 days would be enough time for it to no longer be an open, gaping, painful wound but apparently the healing process is taking me an extraordinarily long amount of time. I apparently can't heal well. I will have to stop the clove paste treatment because I ran out. I have one half dose left. I'll use it overnight tonight and then I'm on my own. Oof.

56 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Thank you!

The socket where my tooth used to be still hurts. A lot. But bearable compared to a week ago. I thought 16 days would be enough time for it to no longer be an open, gaping, painful wound but apparently the healing process is taking me an extraordinarily long amount of time. I apparently can't heal well. I will have to stop the clove paste treatment because I ran out. I have one half dose left. I'll use it overnight tonight and then I'm on my own. Oof.

I am sorry it is still painful. 😓 I am a pretty good healer so I am lucky. Despite being diabetic I heal pretty well. 

6 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I am sorry it is still painful. 😓 I am a pretty good healer so I am lucky. Despite being diabetic I heal pretty well. 

Thanks.

I normally heal fairly well, but my autoimmune disorder sometimes doesn't allow for regular healing time frames. I mean, I fought off Covid for goodness sake. But a tooth extraction? Not going so well.

I'm going to be very disappointed that I can't eat whatever I want on my trip this weekend. Chewing food is challenging. 

Just now, boltnrun said:

Thanks.

I normally heal fairly well, but my autoimmune disorder sometimes doesn't allow for regular healing time frames. I mean, I fought off Covid for goodness sake. But a tooth extraction? Not going so well.

I'm going to be very disappointed that I can't eat whatever I want on my trip this weekend. Chewing food is challenging. 

I hear you . I am missing two back molars one on each side and if I chew meat like steak it is difficult and sometimes if I bite down my trigeminal neuralgia flares like no one’s business. Eating is a horror show . 

Once it heals it'll be OK. I seldom eat steak because I can't due to my medical condition. But I was planning to eat tacos and chips and salsa and maybe a burger or two. Those are all out. I had a ham steak last night and that was a real struggle!

8 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Once it heals it'll be OK. I seldom eat steak because I can't due to my medical condition. But I was planning to eat tacos and chips and salsa and maybe a burger or two. Those are all out. I had a ham steak last night and that was a real struggle!

I generally eat with my premolars because it is easier . 

12 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I generally eat with my premolars because it is easier . 

I have to try to keep food from getting stuck in the hole, so nothing that can break into little sharp bits. And nothing that's difficult to chew.

Fortunately I really like fish and seafood. Chicken might be OK too as long as it's not fried. 

I really wanted to go to this taco place I used to frequent when I Iived there before. But that's a no go.

Is my brother jealous of me? Every time something good happens to me or might happen he always throws a damper on it by sending me a doom and gloom message or saying something that seems like he's trying to put me down.

One time a few years ago I was talking about a coworker and how smart he was, and my brother said "if he's so smart why's he working in a warehouse?" And I said "I work in a warehouse! What exactly are you saying?" And he kind of just mumbled and didn't really respond.

What's up with him?? Rhetorical question.

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Is he generally negative or anxious ? 

He can be. He's still very upset about his marriage that didn't work out so he's very sensitive and somewhat angry and bitter. My problems have been more along the lines of health and financial issues, not relationships, so I see things differently.

Or maybe he wants to take me down a few pegs. To remind me he's the older one, the more financially successful one, the healthier one...I already know all of this and I don't really care. He can tell himself he's superior if he wants to. It's not worth arguing over.

Thank you.

I wish he'd just divorce her already but he's focused on trying to "piss her off" so he stopped processing the divorce. Obviously he still has feelings. I fear if she tries to come back he'd accept her. He already has twice before.

We're supposed to be going on a nice weekend trip to relax and enjoy ourselves. I hope he stops picking on me so our trip isn't ruined.

23 minutes ago, boltnrun said:

Thank you.

I wish he'd just divorce her already but he's focused on trying to "piss her off" so he stopped processing the divorce. Obviously he still has feelings. I fear if she tries to come back he'd accept her. He already has twice before.

We're supposed to be going on a nice weekend trip to relax and enjoy ourselves. I hope he stops picking on me so our trip isn't ruined.

I sure hope so. 

Lately he's been pretending he "doesn't remember" things we discussed several times. Our mother used to do that when she didn't want to do something. It's super annoying and causes a lot of issues.

He's also not reading my texts. Plausible denial so he can say he didn't know something. Very passive aggressive.