Everyone likes me except the person I want

Guest Anonymous

So, I was wondering, has anybody else experienced a similar situation? Opinions on this?

So many people like me. I get asked out all the time.

BUT

The ONE person I like, couldn’t care less. 
I don’t understand. Any advice?

All of us have had that happen. 

I really liked a guy I worked with. He told me he thought I was great, but he was dating someone. Ah well...

It also happened years ago when I was young. The guy I liked all summer told me on my last day before I was flying back to college that he liked me, but there was no point since I was leaving. Deep sigh.

But life goes on. I figure it didn't work out with those guys for a reason.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, Guest Anonymous said:

I get asked out all the time.

Some people only want what they can't have. 

Date others.

On 1/20/2022 at 1:51 AM, Guest Anonymous said:

So, I was wondering, has anybody else experienced a similar situation? Opinions on this?

So many people like me. I get asked out all the time.

BUT

I don’t understand. Any advice?

This is one of unwritten rules of life. You got loved but you dont love back and you only love who doesnt love you back so its very normal.

To have a happy romantic life-- focus on someone that likes you back.  There is no winning the person over.  It just doesn't work that way.  We like who we like and it makes no difference that everyone likes you, to him, it's not there.  

Maybe you only like him because he doesn't like you.  Do you need everyone to like you?  

• Like 1

If you're in school, that's a sandbox where everybody switches places until they find their long term fit OR until they're bored playing on campus and start dating outside.

Whenever I had my eye on someone who was focused elsewhere, I just figured I'd either have my turn someday, or not. I did NOT try to pull his attention my way. I could see how obvious that was when people tried it on others, and I didn't want to embarrass myself like that.

I learned over time that turning my focus onto other guys did bring me happiness, and I was able to put my crush on a back burner. Over time I forgot about him. By the time he sought me out, I wasn't as interested. I dated him, but I could see beyond the rose glasses I'd worn earlier, and he was no big thrill.