First date after fiancé died

MsAin1st

1 hour ago, lostandhurt said:

The good news is that this guy knows your story and is not some stranger.  I would imagine he will be super patient with you and take it at your pace.

I wouldn't cut him loose but I would let him know you are struggling a little with your emotions.

If you waited 3 years to date again I would bet some emotions would come over you since it wasn't a break up, Frank was just gone with no closure for the relationship or you.

It sounds like you enjoy being around him so just let it be that for now.  This is new territory for your healing and it will bring up emotions you will have to deal with. 

No matter what you do talk to this guy so he knows what is what.  If I were him I would be nervous being the first guy you dated, I wouldn't want to mess things up or cause you any more pain.

Keep posting it helps

Lost

Thank you Lost & Sherry. 

I will definitely be honest with him about my feelings. The last thing I want is for anyone to feel any kind of hurt or pain because of me.  I surmise that he he already knows how I feel, but I agree it’s best to be up front with him. 

He texted me a bit ago to ask if I’d like to meet up with him in the morning for a run. 

• Like 1

Update: Met up with M for a long run this morning.
I told him that I am conflicted and not sure that I am ready for dating or a relationship. I told him I want to take things slowly & before he could agree with it, I need him to take a bit and consider what that could mean. I don’t want to string him along if he wants more than I can give right now & I don’t want to be pressured into things I’m not ready for yet. He told me he understood  and would think carefully about it all. Also, scheduled a counseling session for Tuesday. Thanks for urging me to get back to that. 
O