run from the sun

mattj

my first attempt at song lyics, ive written these around a piece of music ive written, they're pretty much what popped into my mind as i played

i run from the sun,

though the sun burns my back,

i run to the woods down the unbeaten track,

i stifle my breath 'till the feeling has died,

and i run on and on to find somewhere to hide

i can't tell the future,

'til i can tell the past,

but the unbidden feeling says these things don't last,

and i stumble and fall and im gasping for air,

i look all around but there's nobody there

[chorus]

im lost and im broken it is quite plain to see,

and i know that these things don't just happen to me

im looking for solice, im looking for life,

but soon all i see is the point of a knife

i search and i wander,

but i can't find the key,

to the place that i locked when the times were more free,

through black fog i fall now, and the feeling's unreal,

now that i am empty there is nothing to steal

[chorus]

my heart is long shattered and the embers have died,

the rose is now withered and the fire has grown eyes,

im looking for solice, im looking for life,

one day i may find the way out of the strife

It's pretty good for just having popped into your mind as you played... I suck at writing lyrics (unless it's twisted humoruos stuff for a short song) and but these are pretty good man. =D> I think it's good stuff... Maybe you could give me some pointers... What instrument do you play, btw? Peace.

Yeh, I'm taking guitar lessons, but man, I suck badly... I mean, I try, and I wanna try, but I dunno... I'm a rookie, though. But I still think I suck... I get some of the stuff, but I just can't seem to switch between chords quickly. And the music I'd like to play someday is fast as hell and has lots of powerchords and has like a special tuning... might as well give up, right? But I think I'm gonna try anyways... Peace.

heh im not too great either, ive only just begun to finish up on chords and move onto lead

Yeh, I've tried playing metallica, but had a hard time playing the faster songs, so now I'm trying with the slow songs... Can't say I'm great, but at least it's better... But it'll take 20 years to get to play the stuff I really like... Oh well...

meh i would have formed a band a while a go if i could have found a drummer- lol its no good everyone wants to be the vocalist but noone wants to do the drums lol

Yeh, drummers are really hard to find... And I'm looking for something very specifid in a vocalist, so not anyone can be it... too bad if that's all they wanna be.