dating someone who constanly using texting for control

kenshamrockufc

Have a question that is prob not too smart on my end but i been dating someone i kinda like alot for a month. I actually have there pattern down in a weird way due to there work and family situaion which is during week the person i date is in town working and weeked they go to visit family an hr away.(not another bf LOl) anyway from the start im a texter and i dont block people and even if i am sarcastic texting they dont like it and it becomes an argument and they do not talk on phone. 

The problem is the text argument goes to them ignoring me somewhat and or syaing they block me. when they do i make a mistake and use my google numbers or text me numbers since ther playing games i do it back and within no time its leave mealone im done or im crazy texter. BUT WE DO GET ALONG IN PERSON> and it is usually staying overnight watching movies sex etc.  

I can say i seen her in the last month 2x week and usally  4 or 5 days go buy when we are fighting and i get blocked and everytime about 5 days later im assuming she misses and will come back. but only during week . now  i find this a control issure def. maybe narcissist.  So anyone would specualte i must stop texting and do it back which i did last week and i let 4 days go by. the weekend kinda didnt count but the early work week is when i figured she be around so i did message her with a nice message and next day she she ansered and slowly started talking. . THIS IS NUTS> but i keep trying to explaainthat is doesnt really matter about texting.  its about in person and im sure she nows this and also is a reason she keeps coming back but the text is prob making her " content with keeping me on a leash" 

now its a month and it cant keep going this way and i last seen her 4 days ago but did text and again the same outcome  Leave me alone but she didnt say she is seeing somone which is a deal killer. once that happens and i know for sure then i am done. she kinda knows this and could be keeping it low. who knows but when days go by i think all we did is text fight over the text fightin  not  about in person isssues. never at all.  SHE KNOWS   But my fault is the texting but i feel even if i kept a cool head for days she somehow somewhere knows how to pusha button. IE  She could text me something that she knows she gets a response that can be construed negative then it starts.  but  i cant prove it. 

Except for two weeks ago i had her work stuff to give her and i purposly kinda started a small argument and said we need to talk later and she actually said call me dont text. NEVER DID she do that before except when she needed me . lol so dead giveaway.  ITs just confusing what this is besides a controlling person but also she isnt because she doesnt know what im doing. Was she hurt by her last relationship  6 months ago  or does she possibly really like me and is very confused and runs.  

its only a month though and also it is maily sexual  which still is powerful if u are into somoeone. I didnt cheat or even date others nor abuse or threatenetc   or even fiight in person.  Im much nicer to her by helping her too.   ALthouh i feel my texting burned her out where if i dont message her for say a week by then  i wont care and she isused to me at least saying something. she never came back becaue i didnt message her is confusing.  but i never waited more than 5-7 days. 

what kind of person am i dealing with. 

In person you get along okay or great or just so so?  It looks like when you are having fun together everything is fine but when you are apart there are problems.  It almost looks like she is bothered by your contact and short with you. 

Basically if this is is making you feel bad enough to post a thread this has been really bothering for some time.  What is going on is not good so your only options are:  1.  End things and move on or  2. The next time you two are together have a talk about how you feel.

No matter how someone is trying to control another it isn't healthy. 

Lost

Agreed.  Too much drama over someone you barely know.  I'd move on. But if you continue with her, I'd lay some boundaries.  Seeing you two seem to go off the rails when you text, put a stop to it.  Tell her is she has anything to communicate with you, to call you instead.  I think you said that's not her preferred way of communicating, but as now texting is not yours.  At least with her.

Stay away from sarcasm or any comments that can be mistaken over text or written word (this goes for emails etc). You have to start to learn to communicate better if you wish the same in others. If you're playful by nature, that's fine. Save it for in person dates or meet ups and get to know someone a bit better before dishing out comments that others might not be ready for. There are too many misunderstandings that can happen. Sarcasm is really passive aggressiveness packaged like a joke with a bow on top. There's no place for this this early in a relationship. Keep things open, positive and I know you can do this because you mentioned some regular texts also. 

She and you may be incompatible also and you just aren't understanding each others' humour or outlook. It happens. Don't force it. You don't want to be around someone you can't feel comfortable with either. 

She's requesting that you limit your texts so unless you're prepared to do this, the dating won't work. Build more mutual respect. What type of person is she? From what you describe I get the sense that she may be looking for more mutual respect overall, the same way you are. 

Archived