How to break up?

Mgallentine

So I think I’m going to tell a guy I’ve been dating that I don’t want to continue talking. I want to tell him in the way that will least hurt his feelings and make it the easiest on him. I know that if it were the other way around I wouldn’t want him to just call me up and and say he doesn’t want to talk to me anymore all of the sudden. It would make me feel put on the spot. So what I was thinking was that it would be better if I sent him a text kindly explaining how I felt and that I don’t want to talk anymore. At the end of the text I would tell him that I sent it as a text so that he wouldn’t feel put on the spot and that if after he reads it he can call me if he’s feeling up to discussing it or has any questions. I know if it were the other way around that’s how I’d want it done to me. What do you think? What’s better, a phone call where I just out of the blue tell him it’s over, or a text and then possibly a phone call (if he wants to talk about it)

2 hours ago, Mgallentine said:

So I think I’m going to tell a guy I’ve been dating that I don’t want to continue talking.

What’s better, a phone call where I just out of the blue tell him it’s over, or a text and then possibly a phone call (if he wants to talk about it)

How long have you been talking/dating?  Have you met in person? Just text: "hey Joe I need to end things because it's not working out, of you wish to talk call me".

Most likely he doesn't want to talk no less go out during covid just to get dumped in person...now that would infuriate anyone. 

If you call you put him on the spot. If you test inviting him to call, he can either...call you...

Or (as most would do) lose your number and block you, saving you the work of doing that and him the headache of listening to candy-coated stuff during a call.

1 minute ago, Wiseman2 said:

How long have you been talking/dating?  Have you met in person? Just text: "hey Joe I need to end things because it's not working out, of you wish to talk call me".

Most likely he doesn't want to talk no less go out during covid just to get dumped in person...now that would infuriate anyone. 

If you call you put him on the spot. If you test inviting him to call, he can either...call you...

Or (as most would do) lose your number and block you, saving you the work of doing that and him the headache of listening to candy-coated stuff during a call.

Archived