Lost my best friend

Pink26

Today I’m feeling so sad . also it still doesn’t feel real .  I lost my best friend to suicide today . My friend just lost her own mother to suicide this past September. She said that she would never want to put anyone through the pain that her mother put her through . that she would never do it . She left behind her 19 year old son today and friends and family who truly adored . I just spoke to her on Monday. She was going through her mother’s things and told me how sad that it made her feel. Her last words to me were I love you so much my friend. I’m going to miss her terribly. How do you make the grieving process easier. I’m going to miss her terribly. We met when our boys were in kindergarten. We just clicked instantly. That was 15 years ago . I miss my friend. 😢

Thank you I have friends and family . it just stinks that she was feeling so bad that even her son couldn’t keep her here. Her son wasn’t really close with his father. But he is with him now . They divorced when Her  son was  two . But I’m glad that her ex stepped up . 

I am so, so sorry. I can't even imagine how much emotional pain you must be in right now. Actually, I can because when I was 19 my ex boyfriend killed himself. We were still best friends and he was only 18. I think the pain becomes less and you don't feel it really after a long time, but you still miss that person and still think of them. I think you need time to process this and grieve in your own ways. If you need to take time off work or just be alone, you can do that. Don't rush yourself if you need time or need anything at all. Maybe you could do something special like write some poetry for her or release a balloon with a message for your friend. That's what we did when my ex killed himself.

On 1/22/2021 at 5:24 PM, Pink26 said:

Today I’m feeling so sad . also it still doesn’t feel real .  I lost my best friend to suicide today . My friend just lost her own mother to suicide this past September. She said that she would never want to put anyone through the pain that her mother put her through . that she would never do it . She left behind her 19 year old son today and friends and family who truly adored . I just spoke to her on Monday. She was going through her mother’s things and told me how sad that it made her feel. Her last words to me were I love you so much my friend. I’m going to miss her terribly. How do you make the grieving process easier. I’m going to miss her terribly. We met when our boys were in kindergarten. We just clicked instantly. That was 15 years ago . I miss my friend. 😢

I'm very sorry for your loss, Pink26. 

Whenever there is a life changing event to the ones left behind, I always do something for the kids since the parent or mother in your case, is no longer here.  Step up and do something for her kids such as send a heartfelt sympathy card and gift cards for take out meals which would be very considerate especially during this pandemic.  (Signature confirmation to prevent porch piracy.  Packaging in a box is safer delivery than an envelope with gift cards.)  Express your deepest condolences and that you are keeping the kids and family in your thoughts and prayers.  It's better than flowers or cake.   

Archived