He met mom, ack!

Jetta

Guy I'm dating and not serious about met my mom today. And i didn't buzz him in. I told him my mom was here and hung up, expected him to leave. He comes up doesn't knock walks in my unlocked door.  Since he's here I had to play it off. 

I move a bag off the chair to my bedroom he follows me, bad move. I ask him to sit down. Mom starts telling stories. He finally says he has to go than asks me when I'll be home tomorrow. I tell him but don't want to see him. He's after sex, I'm not. I'm looking for a relationship to him I'm a fetish. 

How do i get out of this? I'm not happy he met my mom. He brought me a Christmas card. But honestly he thinks I'm more invested than i am. I want to break up with him. 

He denies it everytime i try. 

Mom says he's a nice guy. But he doesn't listen just does what he wants. Ack.

Meet him in a safe public place and tell him "This relationship isn't working for me." No other explanation is needed since he tries to argue the point. Be firm. Don't answer the door if he tries to come over after that. He sounds unhinged. If he stalks you, tell him you'll call the police and don't cry wolf. You're too passive for your own good.

12 hours ago, Jetta said:

I want to break up with him. 

He denies it everytime i try. 

Mom says he's a nice guy. But he doesn't listen just does what he wants. Ack.

He denies what ... that YOU want to break up?

You don't need to 'sell' someone on accepting a breakup--especially someone who walks right over you--and into your home.

I'd skip an in-person argument with such a guy. I'd phone him and tell him that this isn't working for me, and I don't want us to see one another again. He can attempt to argue, but I'd cut him off and tell him that I don't want to talk anymore, and goodbye.

However, I would NOT block his number, because if he's that pushy, he could stalk you. So keeping a written record of any harassment is important to seek a restraining order.

Don't argue any points about WHY you are done--that's not necessary, and it takes the bait of distracting you to stay engaged. Don't text or say anything beyond, "I've asked for a break up, please don't contact me again." If he continues past that, "I've asked you to stop contacting me, so I'll consider any further contact to be harassment, and I will contact the police."

Yikes so many red flags on his part. Being that socially unaware is dangerous. The important part is that you're recognizing all the problems. All you need is that little push to give him the breakup talk. Try having a girls night. Sometimes being around some good female energy can give you just the gas you need to finish it. That's what helped me make the finishing cut when I just couldn't make my heart do it.

If you don't have reservations about it, do it through text. In my opinion his disrespect for your time with your mom is enough to write him off and not in the sweetest way.

Best of luck!

Archived