Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Pandora vs Spotify

Jibralta

53 minutes ago, DancingFool said:

Pandora - purely because I've "trained" it well to play the music I want along with all the different channels and genres I have on there. Too much work to switch or use others.

Same here. I have Pandora.

My bf uses Apple music and I think the selections and format are better.   Its far more intuitive too.   But Im too lazy to relearn it.

5 hours ago, DancingFool said:

Pandora - purely because I've "trained" it well

3 hours ago, reinventmyself said:

Same here. I have Pandora.

I've been more of a Pandora person myself. Mainly because, like you guys, I've had some great success in cultivating my channels. Every seed hasn't sprouted a winner, but the ones that are good are good.

3 hours ago, bluecastle said:

I do like their Discovery Weekly playlists, I have to say, in that they seem, more often than not, to know what my ears need. 

I just signed up for a Spotify trial and saw some of those playlists. I viewed them with suspicion... might as well give them a try, though.

I like that I can make playlists on Spotify.

3 hours ago, reinventmyself said:

My bf uses Apple music and I think the selections and format are better.   Its far more intuitive too.

Interesting... I don't know why I haven't heard of it before.

I used to be an Apple Music fan. However now I use Spotify as I can listen to it on all of my devices and not just my Apple products. Plus I have found some other stuff on Spotify that Apple Music never got by bands I like. Only drawback is that sometimes I have trouble using Siri with Spotify. 

Hands down, Spotify. I've been a premium user on there for years. I love that you can make your own playlists, listen to others, pick exactly what you want to hear at any given time, or listen to "radio" or podcasts. 

That algorithmic, easy listening experience was great on Pandora but Spotify does that plus so much more. 

11 hours ago, beatlesfan77 said:

I used to be an Apple Music fan.

Jeez, I still don't even know what this is and I'm and iphone user and (was) an ipod user who used itunes. 

11 hours ago, Fudgie said:

That algorithmic, easy listening experience was great on Pandora but Spotify does that plus so much more. 

I definitely like the playlist option on Spotify. But I think the mixes are better on Pandora--so far. It's only Day 3 for me for Spotify.

My favorite vehicle for making playlists was actually tapes. Yup, old fashioned tapes and tape recorders. It took planning. And I think the process of waiting for a song to end (or begin) made the whole thing better, somehow. 

I agree that I think Pandora has the slight edge over Spotify in terms of creating good mixes. That said, I just love the ability of picking what I want to listen to, whenever I want, and going from there. Sometimes I'm in the mood for a nice mix, other times I want to pick the song or album I want on demand. 

• 3 weeks later...

Archived