Masks and a Wedding

MsCodeMonkey

The fact that people actually thought it might be appropriate to get in someone's face and scream at them for not doing what you think they should be doing, is concerning, and only serves to highlight the fact that wearing a mask has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with "caring about others" (and has nothing to do with a virus either) and has everything to do with having power and control over said "others."

If you're having trouble identifying the crazies, might it be because they are far, far too close to you to identify objectively?

The fact that people actually thought it might be appropriate to get in someone's face and scream at them for not doing what you think they should be doing, is concerning, and only serves to highlight the fact that wearing a mask has absolutely nothing whatsoever to do with "caring about others" (and has nothing to do with a virus either) and has everything to do with having power and control over said "others."

If you're having trouble identifying the crazies, might it be because they are far, far too close to you to identify objectively?

I wear a mask for two reasons. To protect others, to protect myself. I avoid confronting people who are not wearing a mask when it's mandated or wearing it below their nose which is bizarre - what's the point?? Yesterday there was a woman meditating in front of the frozen pizzas. I'd seen her in the store before -we seem to have the same weekly schedule. Anyway her mask was pulled down. I knew what I wanted. I had no time to watch her meditate. So I said to her "do you mind if I get there -I know what I want and I'm not comfortable being near you since you're not wearing a mask" -she made some lame excuse about how she'd "forgotten" to pull it up (but it's mandated at this store -forget??). I don't want power or control. I don't want to get sick and I want my pizza -she obviously had no clue what she wanted to buy, and I did. And I was following store rules and she was not so in my opinion my needs took priority at that point. Our infection rate is really high and I couldn't care less about power or control. I do care about mine and others' safety.

I wear a mask for two reasons. To protect others, to protect myself. I avoid confronting people who are not wearing a mask when it's mandated or wearing it below their nose which is bizarre - what's the point?? Yesterday there was a woman meditating in front of the frozen pizzas. I'd seen her in the store before -we seem to have the same weekly schedule. Anyway her mask was pulled down. I knew what I wanted. I had no time to watch her meditate. So I said to her "do you mind if I get there -I know what I want and I'm not comfortable being near you since you're not wearing a mask" -she made some lame excuse about how she'd "forgotten" to pull it up (but it's mandated at this store -forget??). I don't want power or control. I don't want to get sick and I want my pizza -she obviously had no clue what she wanted to buy, and I did. And I was following store rules and she was not so in my opinion my needs took priority at that point. Our infection rate is really high and I couldn't care less about power or control. I do care about mine and others' safety.

I agree, Batya. I have zero interest in "controlling" anyone (what for??) but rather in limiting my possible exposure to a deadly virus.

As for the OP, I agree with a wedding consisting of her and her fiance plus two witnesses and a minister or judge. It can be filmed or live streamed; a friend of mine live streamed his wedding because (pre-Covid) he didn't want to offend anyone by not inviting them. So they invited both no one and everyone by live streaming. I have known this young man since he was about 10 years old and I actually cried even though I wasn't there in person!

I agree, Batya. I have zero interest in "controlling" anyone (what for??) but rather in limiting my possible exposure to a deadly virus.

As for the OP, I agree with a wedding consisting of her and her fiance plus two witnesses and a minister or judge. It can be filmed or live streamed; a friend of mine live streamed his wedding because (pre-Covid) he didn't want to offend anyone by not inviting them. So they invited both no one and everyone by live streaming. I have known this young man since he was about 10 years old and I actually cried even though I wasn't there in person!

Great idea! I've attended a few zoom events like that and I found them so meaningful!

Archived