Open Club  ·  91 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Drop a happy thought here?

boltnrun

It's finally moving day! I'm out of this crappy apartment and will be living with family. No more debilitating isolation.
Bolt! This is EXCELLENT NEWS! Yay!

my happy thought is the smell of dirt after it rains.

I made a smoothie yesterday and I must have put too much spinach because I could taste that gritty earth flavor... it sounds gross but it was actually really good and reminded me of that after rain smell.

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

While surfing yesterday a seal popped his or her head out of the water, maybe three feet from my head. We held eye contact for a moment. No matter how often that happens, which is pretty often in our waters, I basically can't help but grin for the next 24 hours.

Love this thread, bolt. Love your spirit, knowing you're wrestling with plenty these days.

Getting together with friends I met while being the opening crew of a restaurant. We've all remained friends since we were 21. The young waitress (masked) was amazed that we were all still friends considering how much time had passed. We had a table outside by the water and laughing til we cried telling stories about all of our antics. . . Still smiling today. Good times.

Yes, Heart. It is so calming to have those candles burning, and in the dusk, when no other light is on, to watch the flame.

Just to remark, Pippy, the RHS (Royal Horticultural Society - U.K.) candles are sensational. Better IMO than Yankee candles. They were on offer recently at half price so I bought several.

About as good are the Wax Lyrical candles.

To add that the sun is lighting up the Autumn colours on the trees. So beautiful.

oh brilliant , thankyou hermes I will have a look ...I am burning one right now that cost 3.99 lol ...not quite the smell I was after ...well there isn't a smell :eek:

Lol Pippy. Actually that's quite a lot, 4 quid, for a candle with no scent.

I love pure beeswax candles, but they are a crazy price and I don't buy them. Have had a gift of them once in a while and they do smell wonderful.

Just wanted to say here, Pippy, that I am glad your medical appointments and tests are over. I know you will have been tired and strung out afterwards. Also hope all goes well for you with future interventions.

x

Lol Pippy. Actually that's quite a lot, 4 quid, for a candle with no scent.

I love pure beeswax candles, but they are a crazy price and I don't buy them. Have had a gift of them once in a while and they do smell wonderful.

Just wanted to say here, Pippy, that I am glad your medical appointments and tests are over. I know you will have been tired and strung out afterwards. Also hope all goes well for you with future interventions.

x

ahhh that's nice of you thankyou ....I actually have trigeminal neuralgia .. You may remember another poster had a journal about it , But hers was the tumour version . I have a curved vein at the base of my brain and it has taken about 6 years to finally get to the bottom of it . So that brain scan on Friday was a more detailed one , then I go before panel of a neuro surgeon , neurologist and maxi facial consultant to decide if it can be sorted with meds ..there are two types of brain surgery or radiotherapy . So we will see .

Thankyou for your kind wishes

Well if you saw the size of the candle it was worth it'ish hahahaha

Some happy thoughts.

Yesterday I went to a beach I've never been to, one that's a bit hard to access: parking is weird, followed by a trail, and then a pretty sketchy rusted-out stairway going down the cliffs. But, oh my, those waves! Big and peeling and—a rarity in these parts—not filled with dozens of surfers.

Best part about it all? A neighbor told me about it, one I've become friendly with in these strange times: small talk through masks and so on. We met there, had a blast. Nice to know that even in times that are more isolated than usual that you can connect with new people, with good people.

Archived