Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What are your crafts ?

Seraphim

That's lovely, my neighbour over the road was showing me her knitting work she has been doing over lockdown.

I have a side business out of my hobby, which is weathering/distressing model railway locomotives to look something like they did 60-70 years ago for clients. Quite fortunate to have a fairly full order book, but it has become harder to use it as a way of a hobby/pastime now it's a business.

DSC05917.jpg.b956f9df669049c2480684041ced4b23.jpg

That's lovely, my neighbour over the road was showing me her knitting work she has been doing over lockdown.

I have a side business out of my hobby, which is weathering/distressing model railway locomotives to look something like they did 60-70 years ago for clients. Quite fortunate to have a fairly full order book, but it has become harder to use it as a way of a hobby/pastime now it's a business.

DSC05917.jpg.b956f9df669049c2480684041ced4b23.jpg

That is cool my husband’s father was a train engineer on steam and diesel intercity London trains many decades ago.

That is cool my husband’s father was a train engineer on steam and diesel intercity London trains many decades ago.

Thanks Seraphim! That's fascinating!

Always felt I was a soul out of time. Often wish I could have had that carer path on the railways, I do volunteer working on steam locomotives though, which is the next best thing.

Thanks Seraphim! That's fascinating!

Always felt I was a soul out of time. Often wish I could have had that carer path on the railways, I do volunteer working on steam locomotives though, which is the next best thing.

They are beautiful trains . When my son was three we took him on one for his birthday. It is in Tottenham, ONT. https://www.google.ca/search?q=tottenham+ontario+steam+train&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-ca&client=safari#trex=m_t:lcl_akp,rc_f:nav,rc_ludocids:18148100015850653031,rc_q:South%2520Simcoe%2520Railway,ru_q:South%2520Simcoe%2520Railway,trex_id:EbUUtb

Oh that's lovely! I bet your son enjoyed that.

This is one I've helped clean (I'm only a cleaner at the moment, but have had a go on the shovel....hope to progress to fireman.)

RM-Dec-p71.jpg

Jewelry is one of my fav things. ❤️

One year I tried to make earrings (handpainted). They were so ugly-looking no one knew what they were - if they were supposed to be part of a mechanism of something else because of the hooks.

I love handmade jewelry myself and all the craft fairs.

One year I tried to make earrings (handpainted). They were so ugly-looking no one knew what they were - if they were supposed to be part of a mechanism of something else because of the hooks.

I love handmade jewelry myself and all the craft fairs.

I love craft fairs too! Unfortunately ,there won’t be any this year. 😥

I always go to the Christmas craft fairs in my area.

I paint, draw/sketch. My latest craze is mosaic art (using broken coloured glass - I am working on making Christmas gifts such as coasters, candle holders, mirrors, picture frames etc. I also do "gem stone painting", which is similar to mosaic art except using gem stones. They look incredible. Makes me happy.

I paint, draw/sketch. My latest craze is mosaic art (using broken coloured glass - I am working on making Christmas gifts such as coasters, candle holders, mirrors, picture frames etc. I also do "gem stone painting", which is similar to mosaic art except using gem stones. They look incredible. Makes me happy.

oh caps I live mosaics ...never done one myself like .

So my crafts are .....let me see ...I decoupage and if I knew how to upload pics I could post a step by step of how to do it ..so so easy to upcycle stuff and get a bit of decoupage on .

I used to upcycle cheap furniture I got from the car boot , turn chairs into planters and things like that ....

I love gardening and most of my stuff takes place out there ....

Loving all the pics you are all putting up .

I draw primarily, but I enjoy all sorts of crafts.

I recently took an oil painting class and discovered that I'm pretty good at it. That was a surprise. It was a little scary, actually. Like, how and why am I able to do this?

The hobby I keep returning to lately is bead weaving, mainly because of the old ladies in the class. I enjoy sitting there and listening to them bicker and banter while I work. The instructors are going to offer the class on zoom in about a week. I'm so excited because the class's normal location is over an hour's drive from where I live.

I've also tried my hand at stained glass. My uncle did it as a hobby (on a dare from his wife!), and when he died, my cousins gave me all of his glass and equipment. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to safely work on stained glass (lots of tiny shards get on the floor), so all that stuff is in storage at the moment. But I did take a class once and my project turned out cool. When I have a good work space, I'll definitely be pulling that stuff out again. I'd love to move on to mosaics eventually. I have ideas....

Anyway, I'll post pictures of some of the crafts I've done.

I've also tried my hand at stained glass. My uncle did it as a hobby (on a dare from his wife!), and when he died, my cousins gave me all of his glass and equipment. Unfortunately, I have nowhere to safely work on stained glass (lots of tiny shards get on the floor), so all that stuff is in storage at the moment. But I did take a class once and my project turned out cool. When I have a good work space, I'll definitely be pulling that stuff out again..

Sounds amazing! I would love to try that too one day. I hope you get a place one day to be able to work on your stained glass. All your arts/crafts sound awesome.

Archived