Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

With all these dating threads...is anyone really "staying home?"

abitbroken

its more to do with being self aware and afraid of the consequences.

I dont think some are really aware or care about the dangers of todays scenario.

I hope things change soon cause the numbers are rising crazy.

take care all hope we all get through this

I see such a spectrum -here's a good snapshot. I power walk on the half mile jogging oval daily at dawn. I see some regulars (I'd say total there are less than 15 people on the half mile oval -very easy to keep distanced way more than 6 feet). - so there was the petite woman who half wears a mask who shouted to me "excuse me" because I wasn't all the way to the side -she could have run on the adjacent grass which is what I do if someone is closer to the middle and I need to pass- although it's quite wide - then there was the person who kept stopping in the middle to take photos, and yet others who apparently removed the yellow caution tape from the exercise equipment inside the oval. It's a little snapshot on my infrequent trips outside.

I see such a spectrum -here's a good snapshot. I power walk on the half mile jogging oval daily at dawn. I see some regulars (I'd say total there are less than 15 people on the half mile oval -very easy to keep distanced way more than 6 feet). - so there was the petite woman who half wears a mask who shouted to me "excuse me" because I wasn't all the way to the side -she could have run on the adjacent grass which is what I do if someone is closer to the middle and I need to pass- although it's quite wide - then there was the person who kept stopping in the middle to take photos, and yet others who apparently removed the yellow caution tape from the exercise equipment inside the oval. It's a little snapshot on my infrequent trips outside.

It is a spectrum, and I think people shift in and out of old habits. Also, people justify in their actions in their own way. We really won't have the big picture for awhile. We, as a whole, won't know how risky certain behaviors are or aren't until we've had time and experience and numbers.

If only we all always had wet paint on our hands, it would be easier to picture how a contagion can spread. Or if we all walked with a team of horses between us to keep that so-called safe distance. Or maybe wear giant hoop skirts and kid gloves. Maybe certain fashions served as a distancing device on purpose. Just pondering here.

It is a spectrum, and I think people shift in and out of old habits. Also, people justify in their actions in their own way. We really won't have the big picture for awhile. We, as a whole, won't know how risky certain behaviors are or aren't until we've had time and experience and numbers.

If only we all always had wet paint on our hands, it would be easier to picture how a contagion can spread. Or if we all walked with a team of horses between us to keep that so-called safe distance. Or maybe wear giant hoop skirts and kid gloves. Maybe certain fashions served as a distancing device on purpose. Just pondering here.

All I meant is you can meet in person if you both are committed to talking to each other from a safe distance. A woman on the jogging path I am on every morning around sunrise called out to me yesterday "you're doing great!" and we had a little back and forth. It was lovely. She was many feet more than 6 feet away. And it was a nice connection.

Nine governors have refused to issue statewide mandates that people stay at home, but local leaders have taken action in some of those states. North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa and Arkansas are the only states where no one is under a stay-at-home order. Many countries also have people running around all over no masks, gloves or distance.

Nine governors have refused to issue statewide mandates that people stay at home, but local leaders have taken action in some of those states. North Dakota, Nebraska, Iowa and Arkansas are the only states where no one is under a stay-at-home order. Many countries also have people running around all over no masks, gloves or distance.

We have a stay at home order. Solitary exercise is fine as is social distancing in a group less than 10, as is of course families walking together outside. I do the first and third - I have met with no one in person and do not plan to until this is over.

Same as you, Batya. I haven't met anyone in person since this started and won't until it's over. I do go see my family though but won't go near them. I drive a while to see them. I don't go inside the house and I stand outside and talk to them from a safe distance. I won't see anyone else.

Same as you, Batya. I haven't met anyone in person since this started and won't until it's over. I do go see my family though but won't go near them. I drive a while to see them. I don't go inside the house and I stand outside and talk to them from a safe distance. I won't see anyone else.

We have no family here and we are so so lucky that we saw them in December and February - which is unusual but we did.

Archived