Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Everyone who celebrates have their tree up?

Seraphim

Gotta love family. Why is it we bother with our worst critics again?

I don't know. Luckily it's only a few members of my family who believe I should be married with 3 kids by the age of 29. I'm not saying it's a bad thing, it's just not me. But otherwise I'm excited to see everyone 😁🎅🎄

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

For us Christmas is a race around.

I see my dad on the 23rd when I roll into town. Then I see a girlfriend. The 24th I buy all the veggies for the 25th , have a

small appetizer supper, go to church twice. 25th we make all the veggies for Christmas dinner. We have it at my mom’s and stepdad and see my brother and my nieces. The 26 th we go to the hospital to see my FIL, then from there to my MIL’s to see the ole bat and the evil SIL. Then that night we drive 3 hours home.

It will be a quiet Christmas for us. My Mom and my husband and I will spend it together as my husband's family are overseas.

We don't do much (and I like it that way. :) ) Nice and cozy and quiet.

I wish I wish . It will only ever be that way when it is just me and hubby some years down the road.

I wish I wish . It will only ever be that way when it is just me and hubby some years down the road.

Or you can put your foot down, as I did. I also did the 3 hour drive one way. It's been 14 years since any of my family has been to my house (despite numerous invitations). They say it's too far! I swear (and correct me if I'm wrong) my drive up to their houses is just as far as theirs to mine!

Or you can put your foot down, as I did. I also did the 3 hour drive one way. It's been 14 years since any of my family has been to my house (despite numerous invitations). They say it's too far! I swear (and correct me if I'm wrong) my drive up to their houses is just as far as theirs to mine!

I can’t do that . My mother and father and in-laws are medically fragile. I would never see them. My husband would never allow me to put my foot down. And I wouldn’t get to see my mom who has limited time left , my father is on dialysis with also little time left. My FIL is so far into dementia and wheelchair bound in the hospital.

Pip, will it be you and Emily this year or will there be other people too?? What's the plans?

Just me and Ems darling , my friend in Shropshire invited us , but ems is working boxing day so we need to be here . But on the 29th my two cousins are coming from Yorkshire for a couple of days , so that will be fab .

Ems cooks the dinner and I do the pots ... that's the deal in our house ..so we will be having some sort of nut loaf arrangemet lol She is fine cook I must add . It is me and the cooker that is the problem which is why I am always on pot duty ( no pun intended looooooooool )

SO, after my sister sent a Christmas card addressed to me only (blatantly leaving out my wife) my parents just did the same thing! ? They have always been passive aggressive about not liking any woman I have ever been with, but ... now they decide out of the blue to be blatant?

That was the last straw... I have chosen to go no contact. Parents are nearing thir 90's and choose to be like this. It's as if the entire family got together (as they do) and decided this.

I am done, so sad...

SO, after my sister sent a Christmas card addressed to me only (blatantly leaving out my wife) my parents just did the same thing! ? They have always been passive aggressive about not liking any woman I have ever been with, but ... now they decide out of the blue to be blatant?

That was the last straw... I have chosen to go no contact. Parents are nearing thir 90's and choose to be like this. It's as if the entire family got together (as they do) and decided this.

I am done, so sad...

ahh that's really crap Camber and it makes such a statement doesn't it ...I am sorry for you *hugs

Archived