Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Thesis-based Master's program v. Course-based Master's program?

milly007

As for your original question.... speaking for myself I would opt for the course-based degree. It's more practical. With a thesis-based path, there is too much potential to wander off into the academic weeds. Plus, you're sort of at the mercy of whatever professor is overseeing your work. Some professors are wackadoos who have a lot of ideas but no practical experience.

I agree with you, Jibralta. If I did pursue this degree, a course-based Master's makes the most sense, especially in my situation.

Wow. That company really invested in you. That's great.

Yes! It's one of the reasons I have stayed with them for so long... 16 years and counting... they are a great company to work for, particularly after hearing about what others in similar roles at companies in the same sector have to deal with.

Yes! It's one of the reasons I have stayed with them for so long... 16 years and counting... they are a great company to work for, particularly after hearing about what others in similar roles at companies in the same sector have to deal with.

You're lucky to have found such a good employer, maew. I hope one day I can find something similar!

Archived