Open Club  ·  109 members  ·  Free

Journals

Diabetes: Journey of Self control

Seraphim

Oooo, Seraphim will be Hollywood celebrity. Or at least use same drug as them. 😁

14 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I have lost 10 pounds since starting Metformin in November and my blood sugar is 7.1

7.1 is not bad. Think 6.2 or 6.4 is upper limit. So yes, you are over it but not by much. Ozempic would probably help with that. 

1 hour ago, Kwothe28 said:

Oooo, Seraphim will be Hollywood celebrity. Or at least use same drug as them. 😁

7.1 is not bad. Think 6.2 or 6.4 is upper limit. So yes, you are over it but not by much. Ozempic would probably help with that. 

True 7.1 isn’t horrible but at 7 you are causing body damage . I used to be 6.0-6.4 with just diet and exercise but it is a progressive disease. Last fall I was at 8. So my doctor put me on Janumet and the side effects for me were too bad. So I was put on straight metformin which has held me steady but he wants me at 5.5 which will give me the best possible life . So he says the smallest dose .25 mg along with metformin will put in the desired zone . 
Now those Hollywood people 🙄🙄trying to loose those pesky two pounds are creating shortages of life saving medication for diabetics. So much so insurance companies here are stopping covering it also bad for diabetics . 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Now those Hollywood people 🙄🙄trying to loose those pesky two pounds are creating shortages of life saving medication for diabetics. So much so insurance companies here are stopping covering it also bad for diabetics . 

Yes I have read and heard this! Also that some pharmacies make copycat compounds and sell for less maybe? Dangerous too!

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Yes I have read and heard this! Also that some pharmacies make copycat compounds and sell for less maybe? Dangerous too!

Yeah, I just paid $270 for this prescription. 

• Sad 1

On 8/20/2024 at 12:27 PM, Seraphim said:

trying to loose those pesky two pounds are creating shortages of life saving medication for diabetics. So much so insurance companies here are stopping covering it also bad for diabetics

Friend has been suffering from this. The Trulicity she was on wasn't working anymore, and she's had to pleaad with her doctors to give her Ozempic. Unfortunately it's been in short supply. She finally was able to get a prescription and get the medicine, only to find the doctor gave her the top dosage instead of starting her out on the lowest. From what she's read, going from the nothing she's been taking for the past month to the full Ozempic would make her sick. But her number aren't doing well without it. And she isn't sure the insurance would cover getting the lower dose now that she took the other one.

Crazy doctors. Crazy insurance. And crazy people taking a medicine they don't need all to take a shortcut on lossing weight. Try diet and exercise, not taking medicine from the people who need it!

Hope you can get the numbers down. That $270 might be high, but if it gets you in better health, you'll be saving costs in the long run.

• Thanks 1

58 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

Friend has been suffering from this. The Trulicity she was on wasn't working anymore, and she's had to pleaad with her doctors to give her Ozempic. Unfortunately it's been in short supply. She finally was able to get a prescription and get the medicine, only to find the doctor gave her the top dosage instead of starting her out on the lowest. From what she's read, going from the nothing she's been taking for the past month to the full Ozempic would make her sick. But her number aren't doing well without it. And she isn't sure the insurance would cover getting the lower dose now that she took the other one.

Crazy doctors. Crazy insurance. And crazy people taking a medicine they don't need all to take a shortcut on lossing weight. Try diet and exercise, not taking medicine from the people who need it!

Hope you can get the numbers down. That $270 might be high, but if it gets you in better health, you'll be saving costs in the long run.

Exactly , medication for diabetics is life and death not just because we want to take it . I am hoping Ozempic improves my blood sugar and I go down to normal. As my doctor said he wants me to live a long life . 

• Like 2

Good luck. Hope it helps.

Just clarified my friends situation. Apparently they tripled the supply of Ozempic since everyone was having trouble getting it due to the weight lose users. Now there is no problem getting it. However, because people couldn't get Ozempic, doctors were prescribing the Trulicity she was using which meant she couldn't get that anymore. She's had so much fun with this. 😒

Glad you are starting on the low dosage. She thinks she's going to risk the higher one but is worried about getting sick.

Hoping both of you are fine and don't have any negative reactions.

• Like 1

On 8/24/2024 at 4:01 PM, Seraphim said:

This morning I had 3 bites of cottage cheese and felt so nauseous I couldn’t have any more . 

That seems to be one of the effects of Ozempic as well. Meaning that people are also losing weight because they feel they cant eat anymore. 

Anyway, my friend told me that the colleague of his uses Ozempic. Seems to be on prescription in my country and you dont pay for it. He says she had no problem with it. She uses it once a week and it really helped. Not to mention lost a lot of weight as well. 

My blood sugar is "wildin" in the morning so I may need to see my doctor too. Its fine during the days, I dont eat bread or sweets anymore(at least I dont buy them which helped a lot). But still get 8-10-11 in the mornings. Afterward, during the day, it jumps on normal height. But could be a because I dont sleep a lot these days and get up early. And after work I take a nap to add some sleep. Heard it can be because of that but still checking daily.

17 minutes ago, Kwothe28 said:

That seems to be one of the effects of Ozempic as well. Meaning that people are also using weight because they feel they cant eat anymore. 

Anyway, my friend told me that the colleague of his uses Ozempic. Seems to be on prescription in my country and you dont pay for it. She says she had no problem with it. She uses it once a week and it really helped. Not to mention lost a lot of weight as well. 

My blood sugar is "wildin" in the morning so I may need to see my doctor too. Its fine during the days, I dont eat bread or sweets anymore(at least I dont buy them which helped a lot). But still get 8-10-11 in the mornings. Afterward, during the day, it jumps on normal height. But could be a because I dont sleep a lot these days and get up early. And after work I take a nap to add some sleep. Heard it can be because of that but still checking daily.

Lack of sleep will definitely affect blood sugar. 

You are definitely high in the morning . Here even prescriptions you pay for unless you have private insurance. We have insurance but they have begun to not cover it because everyone and their dog is using it for weight loss. I need to have my doctor fill out a special form saying it is for diabetes. 

I am fast learning I can’t eat more than 5 bites at a time . 

• Like 1

Hope the second shot went well and that you're feeling better.

Hearing that you should drink extra water to help with the nausea. And to make sure you still eat something, even if you get full after a few bits.

Good luck.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Hope the second shot went well and that you're feeling better.

Hearing that you should drink extra water to help with the nausea. And to make sure you still eat something, even if you get full after a few bits.

Good luck.

Thanks ! Yeah I am not too bad thankfully . It is going well so far. 

Supposedly one of the most prominent side effects of Ozempic is diarrhea. Nope opposite for me which is better. I had really bad IBS diarrhea a lot of the time and haven’t had any in two weeks. I also pee half the amount I used to. A win all around . 

• Like 1