Open Club  ·  113 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

My mom and I are pretty good lately but I lost my shyte tonight . I washed some of her sheets last week and she says you left them on the dryer ???? My husband brought them up. She says ,” they are damp…. “ I said they are NOT . And then she pouts and says they are wrinkled. Do you have an iron and ironing board ?? Oh for F sake mom it is a SHEEEET. “ 

I just folded it for her not even remotely eff damp. 

• Sad 1

I didn’t barely sleep last night for whatever reason and I have to do a driving practice in an hour and my son understandably wants to have his day today and go out tonight . I have to go pay for my very expensive medication. 😰

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

I didn’t barely sleep last night for whatever reason and I have to do a driving practice in an hour and my son understandably wants to have his day today and go out tonight . I have to go pay for my very expensive medication. 😰

Pulled in all different directions. I’m sorry !

2 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Pulled in all different directions. I’m sorry !

Hahaha omg I was a hot mess today. Any other day I can back up a bus in an S turn and get it between the cones but NOT today. Finally figured it out again at the end of the practice .🤪🤪🤪

45 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Hahaha omg I was a hot mess today. Any other day I can back up a bus in an S turn and get it between the cones but NOT today. Finally figured it out again at the end of the practice .🤪🤪🤪

OK so my son helped me learn to parallel park with his remote toy car. He was 7. That's how lame I was at parallel parking -passed on 3rd try at road test and I still don't drive.  So IMHO you're awesome.....

• Like 1

My mom got her needle today. 

Mom: my lips swelled instantly. 

Me: They are perfectly normal so they didn’t . 

Mom: My arm hurts .

Me : Perfectly normal after a vaccine they even told you as much . 

5 minutes ago mom: Look ! Look!! I have welts . 

Me rubbing her skin. No, you don’t . You don’t have a raised bumps and your skin in the same on both arms you are perfectly fine . 

🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄🙄

Son today has EPIC and I mean EPIC meltdown running around the neighbourhood with me driving after him.

I am driving away. 

• Sad 1

Happy belated birthday to your son.

Hey, you got the hot mess out during practice. Which means during the real thing you'll be perfect.

Getting a vaccine shot on Friday. Glad I don't have your mom here to scare me beforehand. 😄

• Like 1

22 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Happy belated birthday to your son.

Hey, you got the hot mess out during practice. Which means during the real thing you'll be perfect.

Getting a vaccine shot on Friday. Glad I don't have your mom here to scare me beforehand. 😄

I am sure you will be ok. Most people are. My mom gets her arse worked up about so much it is ridiculous. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I am sure you will be ok. Most people are. My mom gets her arse worked up about so much it is ridiculous. 

I had the flu shot a couple weeks ago -just a bit tired.  Had my covid shot last Tuesday -very very painful and sore arm which disturbed my sleep -it lasted a few days.  Also maybe a bit lightheaded.  Glad I got both.  son got his flu shot a couple days ago -only very mild reaction.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I had the flu shot a couple weeks ago -just a bit tired.  Had my covid shot last Tuesday -very very painful and sore arm which disturbed my sleep -it lasted a few days.  Also maybe a bit lightheaded.  Glad I got both.  son got his flu shot a couple days ago -only very mild reaction.

Yeah we have to go in to get our flu shots all 3 of us . 

My mom wants her Covid shot as well but my son and I don’t care . 

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Never had a problem with them. Usually just makes me tired for the next day. An excuse to spend a Saturday in bed napping? Sign me up! 😁

Hope no ill affects (real or imagined) for any of you.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Never had a problem with them. Usually just makes me tired for the next day. An excuse to spend a Saturday in bed napping? Sign me up! 😁

Hope no ill affects (real or imagined) for any of you.

You're so lucky! My husband got feverish/chills/physically ill from one of the covid shots.  Son was exhausted beyond belief from the covid shot.  Husband was sick from the second shingles vaccine as was I but not that sick.  We do fine with flu shot. 

27 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

You're so lucky! My husband got feverish/chills/physically ill from one of the covid shots.  Son was exhausted beyond belief from the covid shot.  Husband was sick from the second shingles vaccine as was I but not that sick.  We do fine with flu shot. 

Moderna is known to make people sick . Both my husband and my son were sick as heck for a day. My first shot was AstraZeneca and it was EXACTLY like having Covid. I WAS SICK AS HELL FOR THREE DAYS.

Other vaccines I wasn’t sick . 

6 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Moderna is known to make people sick . Both my husband and my son were sick as heck for a day. My first shot was AstraZeneca and it was EXACTLY like having Covid. I WAS SICK AS HELL FOR THREE DAYS.

My husband was sick from Moderna -son and I had reactions to pfizer and I had a similar reaction to moderna which I've now had twice including this past week.

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

Odd, I've always got Moderna. I specifically choose it since I kept seeing it was the most effective option. Looks like I don't have the option this time and have to go with pfizer. Hoping that won't make a difference.

My boss had a terrible reaction the first time. I believe it was pfizer. Don't think he ever went back for the booster.

Funny how widely different people's reactions are. Never know until you get the needle jammed in.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, ShySoul said:

Odd, I've always got Moderna. I specifically choose it since I kept seeing it was the most effective option. Looks like I don't have the option this time and have to go with pfizer. Hoping that won't make a difference.

My boss had a terrible reaction the first time. I believe it was pfizer. Don't think he ever went back for the booster.

Funny how widely different people's reactions are. Never know until you get the needle jammed in.

Exactly .