Open Club  ·  110 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

5 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Today I took my son 300 KM to the dentist and 300 KM home . No cavities but they want to remove his wisdom teeth but he won’t do it . 🫣

I had one or two removed as a teen but said no to the others as they wanted to use general anasthesia and I had that awful emeptophobia.  In the last few years I think I had two removed - neither was impacted- but almost.  Are his impacted?

13 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I had one or two removed as a teen but said no to the others as they wanted to use general anasthesia and I had that awful emeptophobia.  In the last few years I think I had two removed - neither was impacted- but almost.  Are his impacted?

No, they aren’t impacted. One is fully in . He is too afraid of anesthesia . His dad’s got impacted in his 40’s and had to be removed. They just remove them now as general course whether they are causing issues or not . 

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

No, they aren’t impacted. One is fully in . He is too afraid of anesthesia . His dad’s got impacted in his 40’s and had to be removed. They just remove them now as general course whether they are causing issues or not . 

Yes that sounds sort of familiar.  My last one was somewhat infected and it was removed while my husband was traveling and I was solo parenting.  Which wasn't so fun.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Batya33 said:

Yes that sounds sort of familiar.  My last one was somewhat infected and it was removed while my husband was traveling and I was solo parenting.  Which wasn't so fun.

It is never fun when alone . I don’t think I can count the amount of time I have been alone since I have been married or a mom. I can’t wait for the day he is retired and doesn’t have to leave us anymore . 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Here's my funny story.  They got me in that morning to extract.  That evening because I was solo parenting I had to take my son to his end of the year party and "auction" related to his after school place.  I was tired and a little out of it (no I didn't drive!).  So I kind of chilled chatting with the parents etc while he played with his friends.  There were tables with a silent auction - you filled in on a paper how much you would bid for whatever.  Maybe my son was 9? 

The next day I get an email from the after care place.  So it seems that as a JOKE my son filled in $40 -the minimum bid amount -and the "prize" was a one on one afternoon with one of the teachers where he'd do really fun activitiies and my son could bring one or two guests-friends.  The problem was as a joke he crossed off alllll the other lines so no one else could bid. He  really didn't know that would be the result and as I said I was chatting with the parents.

So we agreed to pay the $40 (even though obviously someone else could have bid more) and to top it all off our son didn't want to do the activity he "won".  Sigh.

4 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

It is never fun when alone . I don’t think I can count the amount of time I have been alone since I have been married or a mom. I can’t wait for the day he is retired and doesn’t have to leave us anymore . 

Yes same and I get it!! Husband is traveling now but he is a teenager so at least I can leave him alone for time periods and get my errands/workout done.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mylolita said:

LOL!!!!

Me after half an hour listening to INFO WARS 😆

x

I am not sure if you ever saw Red Dawn but it is the spectre my generation lived with. It made an imprint for sure and gave us our no F’s given attitude and our other moniker “ never going out of business.”

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I can’t believe in less than a week my son will be 27. 

How did you have a baby when you were 12??? 😉 My son is 15- one of my favorite things -and  this has been true for years- is how one minute they're all grown up even defiant and rebellious "I want to be FREE!!!" and next minute they're like a little mush ball all "mommy I love you, I need you!" 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Batya33 said:

How did you have a baby when you were 12??? 😉 My son is 15- one of my favorite things -and  this has been true for years- is how one minute they're all grown up even defiant and rebellious "I want to be FREE!!!" and next minute they're like a little mush ball all "mommy I love you, I need you!" 

Hahaha I can’t get over the fact when I joined here he was 8 , Eight ! And now he will be 27. The years definitely march on !! 

• Thanks 1