Open Club  ·  109 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

One pair of my pants landed almost on the floor as I walked to the kitchen. 🤣 They were loose before but I must have lost more weight since I wore them. 

Skinny guy who knows the feeling. Hence I always have a belt handy.

Or if you are just lounging around the house, try one of those bag clips for chip bags. They actually help if you're in a pinch. 😂

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I'm so sorry and your environment has been so stressful with the illness and the CDL test.  I hope you feel better.  Can you go outdoors for a long walk?

I think it is what I need, a nice long walk. I will head out for one tonight . In the meantime I took .5 mg of clonazepam which I haven’t had in a year and the hard rock feeling in my stomach is going away. 

My mom is sick again this morning . I think it is just a cold  .My son’s ear has drained and he seems to be all better . 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I think it is what I need, a nice long walk. I will head out for one tonight . In the meantime I took .5 mg of clonazepam which I haven’t had in a year and the hard rock feeling in my stomach is going away. 

My mom is sick again this morning . I think it is just a cold  .My son’s ear has drained and he seems to be all better . 

Yes and sometimes you sort of go on adrenaline through all the chaos then crash later.  I'm glad you took something.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Yes and sometimes you sort of go on adrenaline through all the chaos then crash later.  I'm glad you took something.

That is it , thank you for bringing that to my attention, I have been running on adrenaline. Almost the entire 2.5 months of sickness and before people have been relying on me. My mom said , ooooh I can help in so many ways before she got here. I think that was just a wish she had that she could do that. Basically the reality is, it’s just another person to look after.  The reality is never like the wish. 
I love my mom to death but another person to care for was not what I needed. I keep my mouth shut because I don’t want to hurt her feelings . She can’t help she is disabled just like my son can’t help it . 

1 minute ago, Seraphim said:

That is it , thank you for bringing that to my attention, I have been running on adrenaline. Almost the entire 2.5 months of sickness and before people have been relying on me. My mom said , ooooh I can help in so many ways before she got here. I think that was just a wish she had that she could do that. Basically the reality is, it’s just another person to look after.  The reality is never like the wish. 
I love my mom to death but another person to care for was not what I needed. I keep my mouth shut because I don’t want to hurt her feelings . She can’t help she is disabled just like my son can’t help it . 

I know but then it erodes your stomach acid so to speak. 

Not the same thing but I remember many years ago -late 90s - preparing for a huge important work presentation.  My team and I worked day and night for 6 weeks -it was a time sensitive thing.I had my moments but kept going.  The morning of my boss is in the room with me it's showtime and --- certain materials are missing - which were supposed to be brought in -before that -by the junior person.  Early days of mobile phones but I reach her and she says she's held up getting there and then says OMG I broke my nail."  Yup.  So I have to tell my boss that who has to tell his boss and that's when I had a very quiet under wraps full blown panic attack.  Like nothing I'd had in the last 6 weeks.  All came to a head.  Even though really everything else was in place it wasn't the end of the world but it sure felt like that (plus hearing her whine about her broken nail - I felt alone in caring about how this was going to go).

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

You can only care for others so long before you hit a wall. All the stress you've been under it's too much. And it's been one thing after another. There is always another crisis, another fire to put out or something that needs attending to. No one can run like that for months at a time.

Take that walk to relax and get moving. Any way you can arrange a "me" day or weekend and just get away from it all? Could do you a world of good. If you can't just carving out small periods everyday for a walk or whatever keeps you calm and center is important.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

You can only care for others so long before you hit a wall. All the stress you've been under it's too much. And it's been one thing after another. There is always another crisis, another fire to put out or something that needs attending to. No one can run like that for months at a time.

Take that walk to relax and get moving. Any way you can arrange a "me" day or weekend and just get away from it all? Could do you a world of good. If you can't just carving out small periods everyday for a walk or whatever keeps you calm and center is important.

It does take a toll and my mom has been here for 5 months and it is just another human I need to look after . 

I am getting a weekend away from my mom and son in October . I am seeing my husband and a gf who will be coming in from Quebec to see her husband. 

A week with my mother is enough to tire me out. Five months would have me pulling all my hair out... and I have pretty long hair. 

Caretakers like you aren't given enough credit for all you do or how exhausting it is.

Enjoy that weekend. Hope it gets here fast and there are less stresses until then.