Open Club  ·  109 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

12 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

Because this is how my mind works:

Phobophobia is a fear of being afraid. It is the fear of fears.

Hopefully neither of us will develop this. 😉

Thanks for teaching my something new.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phobophobia

Yeah, I always thought I had claustrophobia but that other phobia makes makes a lot of sense too. You can have several phobias at once . 
Hahaha I have heard of phobophobia  on Snoopy, the Christmas episode .🤣

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Seraphim said:

My husband’s Uncle passed away . He was 98 and a British WW2 veteran. 

I'm so sorry for your and your family's loss. May his memory be for a blessing -what a life!

• Like 1

On 8/18/2024 at 8:17 AM, Seraphim said:

My husband’s Uncle passed away . He was 98 and a British WW2 veteran. 

Sorry for your loss and wishing the family well. And I thank him for his service.

Grandfather passed away a few years ago at 99. He served for the US in WW2. Starting to hit the point where we are going to lose everyone who served then. 

And they were so close to hitting 100...

1 hour ago, ShySoul said:

Sorry for your loss and wishing the family well. And I thank him for his service.

Grandfather passed away a few years ago at 99. He served for the US in WW2. Starting to hit the point where we are going to lose everyone who served then. 

And they were so close to hitting 100...

I am sorry for your loss as well. My grandpa was a WW2 veteran as well. He died in 2015 he was 93. My husband’s grandfathers were WW1 veterans for the UK. My husband is serving his 37th year this year. I did 13 years and got out in 2005. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

21 hours ago, Seraphim said:

I am sorry for your loss as well. My grandpa was a WW2 veteran as well. He died in 2015 he was 93. My husband’s grandfathers were WW1 veterans for the UK. My husband is serving his 37th year this year. I did 13 years and got out in 2005. 

Only grandparent I ever got to know. Both grandmothers passed before I was born and my father's dad passed when I was to young to remember. 

You come from a family of veterans. Much respect to all of you.

I care too much about my country to join up. Don't think it would be a good fit for either side. lol

20 minutes ago, ShySoul said:

Only grandparent I ever got to know. Both grandmothers passed before I was born and my father's dad passed when I was to young to remember. 

You come from a family of veterans. Much respect to all of you.

I care too much about my country to join up. Don't think it would be a good fit for either side. lol

Hahaha I was a 5th generation soldier. Me and my brother Canadian Armed Forces and our father, our grandfather. My great grandfather was Royal Navy and his father as well. My husband’s parents were also military when young his mom Royal Air Force and his dad British Army and his grandfathers . It is a strong tradition both sides but sadly won’t be followed in the new generations. I was the first female in our family to join and maybe the last . 😓

On 8/21/2024 at 2:48 PM, Seraphim said:

Hahaha I was a 5th generation soldier.

Was thinking there wasn't too many military people in the family, then I remembered by nephew who was in the Air Force. Helped him get his life together after high school as he was messing up. Doing really good now. 

Have fun with the hubby.

• Like 1

When it rains it pours. You've dealt with too much lately. Deserve a break.

And I meant to do the sad reaction but clicked the button too fast. Didn't mean to "like" a post about someone going to the hospital. That would feel wrong. 😢

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ShySoul said:

When it rains it pours. You've dealt with too much lately. Deserve a break.

And I meant to do the sad reaction but clicked the button too fast. Didn't mean to "like" a post about someone going to the hospital. That would feel wrong. 😢

That is ok. Thanks for the sympathy. I have chest pain today from the family falling to pieces . 

• Sad 1

1 minute ago, Seraphim said:

My son has pneumonia now I just got back from the hospital with him. 

I'm so sorry to hear.  Oddly it's "going around" a bit at my son's school -which is attended by older siblings of a school nearby where there also is pneumonia. I hope he is better today.

• Like 1

My husband 5 days out from his pneumonia diagnosis put together the metal shed out back ON HIS OWN even the roof . That man is a serious moose ..🤣🤣He may not be big but he has serious grit toughness. He has a lot of power for a guy his size and age . 

My son is starting to get better thank God . He is on Doxycycline 200 mg a day and hubby was on 6 amoxicillin a day.