Open Club  ·  109 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Look after her has become a full time job and she was going to help with all kinds of things ( sure Jan) 

How are you going to navigate this when you go back to work in September? Will you get someone to help her while you're away?

2 hours ago, DarkCh0c0 said:

How are you going to navigate this when you go back to work in September? Will you get someone to help her while you're away?

She will have to suck it up for the time I am driving the bus . 

7 hours ago, DarkCh0c0 said:

Ughh I'm sorry to hear that. Sending her my best wishes.

Thank you . I used to get bronchitis every 6 weeks when people were allowed to smoke inside . It was awful. I think back in the late 80’s early 90’s that became illegal. My lung health  vastly improved. I would spend all my work days clouded in smoke for 8 hours a day. I was born with asthma so it was horrible . 

My mom omg though for whatever reason she is just so uncoordinated about everything. The doctor said, breathe in and out through your mouth so I can listen to your lungs and whar  does she start to do? She starts to breath through her nose. Finally, the poor guy out of self self-defense, grabbed her nose and pinched it so she was forced to breathe through her mouth. He tried to coach her for at least two minutes to breathe through her mouth and she just didn’t get it. I don’t know what she doesn’t get . 

• Sad 1

I felt bad for the doctor . He is 76 years old and came out of retirement because there are no doctors. 

The whole time at the hospital my mom is giving me shyte for being “ opinionated “ and saying no one gives a crap about my “ opinion” and I am not a doctor and don’t give doctors my opinion. Blah blah …( yeah then she tells her friends about how kind and sweet she is to me and I am just a giant bytch)

I had come from from the hospital to pick up her car in the parking lot to pick her up, and I had thrown my bankcard from paying for the parking into the cupholder. She’s trying to get her bottle of water to fit in the cupholder and keeps ramming it and then successfully breaks my bank card in half. I said, can you actually look and see what’s in the cupholder before you keep trying to ram your bottle of water in it? I said you broke my bankcard and she said oh you and you’re being opinionated again. I said me telling you broke you broke  bank card is not being opinionated. It’s a fact I just watched you do it. I said holy Jesus, you’re a full-time job.

And I don’t know any daughters who are bytches who take you on 2  18hour driving trips to do *** that’s only for you. Take you every two days to get groceries ,make your supper every night. Sit with you all day in the hospital , help you because you can’t hear or see. Haul your walker in and out of the car. Park over in the parking lot, but drop you at the hospital.
Yup, I am a giant bytch. And then have to listen to how I’m wrong about everything and I’m opinionated and have no reason to give my opinion. Yack yack yack. But she can give me hers because she’s almost almost 79 you know.  

• Sad 1

I think it is what someone said. She is bored insane without her friends and she needs stuff to do and she HATES HATES LOATHES BEING OLD.  She comments about it daily how much she hates it . She has to let that out so I am the target. 

My mom is slowly starting to get better I think . This afternoon she is finally coughing a little less. I also picked up a new Flovent inhaler for her and she is taking it or else . 

For whatever reason this afternoon and she doesn’t want to wear her hearing aids. I’m too sick. I don’t wanna wear them. Then please don’t talk because I am not yelling. It makes my tinnitus that much worse and then for two days I’m driven absolute bat crap crazy by the ringing in my ears. So she agrees not to talk. Then  she talks repeatedly and I ignore her. Then she’s irritated and I said well I told you do not talk. If you’re not putting in your flaming hearing aids don’t talk to me. Why should I make my ears worse because you want me to scream at you.

I am just going to refuse to do things that cause me problems . The next time she doesn’t have her hearing aids I’m going to record how loud I have to talk for her to hear me. I don’t think she realizes that people have to actually yell so she can hear them. Then I will play it for her while she’s wearing her hearing aids.

• Like 1

The state of the Olympics……. I would rather watch a woman’s YouTube channel where she needlessly gives $2500 a week to the owners of Walmart, shopping for useless crap that she doesn’t need. 

Yesterday was mostly a good day then my mom makes a snidely comment out of nowhere. So I sat silent for a second and I said calmly , “ THAT is an example of how you treat me. You aren’t as innocent as you claim . Your snidely comments hurt me and please stop. “ In about two minutes she came over and hugged me tight and said “ I am sorry.” 

Progress.