Open Club  ·  108 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

22 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

That sounds like a horribly stressful trip. I'm so sorry!

Yeah, dear goodness . My intestines are in such a mess today. I can’t do it , just can’t . Earlier in the trip she was saying oh you and I will be taking more trips. Um, that is a no from me , nope. Her and I had it out before seeing my brother yesterday. I said your mothering days are over done . Be happy you raised competent people and stop being pushy and telling people how to talk how to act  what to do how to drive . STOP IT !!! 

• Sad 1

And Friday night I was asleep and she had already taken out her earring aids and she starts asking questions about her purchases that day. So she wakes me up to ask me about the prices on her bank balance and I have to yell so loud I almost blow other people out of their rooms yelling back so she can hear me . 

Can’t take it . 

• Sad 1

What a fine banner mood she has today. I say ANYTHING that contradicts what she says she screams her head off literally. I stay total silent and don’t even look at her and the insults start and when I still ignore it she stomps off. 

If she thinks I am making supper she has another thing coming . I am going to bed and she can fend for herself . 

• Sad 1

Now my mom is trying to tell me my husband’s politics because they had a discussion for 10 minutes . 🙄🙄🙄🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️Karen Karen Karen. No, you DON’T. She gives me crap for my political views. “ I can’t believe any daughter of mine would be taken in sooo easily not believe the right way. “

I just stopped talking unless spoken to. I stopped carrying her purse and all her crap. Stopped being helpful. She huffs and puffs all day and I ignore it . 

I took her down South last week for some important stuff. She was sick AF but INSISTED. We took her car because she demanded. When we were coming home and she puked a million times in the 450KM. She is yelling at me I am driving her car in the “ wrong drive “😒🙄. She says I have been driving this car for 13 years and you are doing it wrong !!!! I am so sick I could friggin punch you.” I will say she has never threatened that and never hit me. I brought it up when she felt better and she brushed me off as an idiot and never apologized. I even said it really hurt my feelings and she dismissively waved her hand in my face . 

I am so angry I could cry and I have been holding onto it for 5 days . 

• Sad 1

On 7/19/2024 at 7:34 PM, Seraphim said:

Now my mom is trying to tell me my husband’s politics because they had a discussion for 10 minutes . 🙄🙄🙄🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️🤦‍♀️Karen Karen Karen. No, you DON’T. She gives me crap for my political views. “ I can’t believe any daughter of mine would be taken in sooo easily not believe the right way. “

I just stopped talking unless spoken to. I stopped carrying her purse and all her crap. Stopped being helpful. She huffs and puffs all day and I ignore it . 

I took her down South last week for some important stuff. She was sick AF but INSISTED. We took her car because she demanded. When we were coming home and she puked a million times in the 450KM. She is yelling at me I am driving her car in the “ wrong drive “😒🙄. She says I have been driving this car for 13 years and you are doing it wrong !!!! I am so sick I could friggin punch you.” I will say she has never threatened that and never hit me. I brought it up when she felt better and she brushed me off as an idiot and never apologized. I even said it really hurt my feelings and she dismissively waved her hand in my face . 

I am so angry I could cry and I have been holding onto it for 5 days . 

Seraphim,

This is all so not good! 

What is your plan? Surely you and your husband can’t go on like this around your Mum who is behaving so badly!

It doesn’t seem like she will ever change?

x

4 hours ago, mylolita said:

Seraphim,

This is all so not good! 

What is your plan? Surely you and your husband can’t go on like this around your Mum who is behaving so badly!

It doesn’t seem like she will ever change?

x

My husband doesn’t live here 99% of the time . He is still posted to B. Our last location . He is here on the weekend every second week. So he doesn’t get the full brunt of the insanity . Plus she would never do this crazy shyte to him . The only person she ever does this to is me. No one else, ever . For whatever reason she wants me to be a carbon copy of her like when I was young and now I am not . She hates who I have matured into in my 50’s. That I am self assured about ME and who I am. She wants me to believe what she believes and do what she would and like everything she likes etc etc. “ I have become someone she doesn’t recognize anymore .”

• Like 2

My husband was home this weekend and me and my husband and our son went to a movie . We can only watch movies two hours away. My mom was INSULTED  and asked why she wasn’t invited . I asked her four separate times if she wanted to come . She stuck her nose in the air . Yeah fine , didn’t feel guilty . I am ALLOWED to enjoy my family . 

• Like 1

Whelp, all I said was hey you sent your message to me instead of your SIL. She starts to snap at me and my husband who is sitting there reading his Bible looks up and looks at her weird and she instantly shut up. 🤣

For 3 days I have been trying to get this woman to go to the hospital i think she has pneumonia from when we had Covid . She won’t go always has an excuse. Last night she woke me up at 11:07 coughing this morning she had woke me up at 5:27 coughing. She is going today . I just finished having a bath told her to get her ass ready. She’s going to the hospital. She had every excuse in the world. I have to do my French lesson. I have to eat. I have to write down my pills, blah blah blah go do the things you need to do pick me up and then we can go. I said I’m not going to the hospital when it’s wall-to-wall people. GET READY. She still sitting there farting in her room doing her French lesson. I guess she needs the ambulance to show up to know I mean business. 

20 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

For 3 days I have been trying to get this woman to go to the hospital i think she has pneumonia from when we had Covid . She won’t go always has an excuse. Last night she woke me up at 11:07 coughing this morning she had woke me up at 5:27 coughing. She is going today . I just finished having a bath told her to get her ass ready. She’s going to the hospital. She had every excuse in the world. I have to do my French lesson. I have to eat. I have to write down my pills, blah blah blah go do the things you need to do pick me up and then we can go. I said I’m not going to the hospital when it’s wall-to-wall people. GET READY. She still sitting there farting in her room doing her French lesson. I guess she needs the ambulance to show up to know I mean business. 

Safe travels and I'm glad you're going!

16 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

Safe travels and I'm glad you're going!

Oh my god she is still sitting there in her pj’s doing her French lesson. I am going to slap that phone from her hand and frog march her to get ready in another 5 mins . I mean it .