Open Club  ·  108 members  ·  Free

Journals

Life in the Driver’s Seat (extended)

Seraphim

9 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Oh no. I'm so sorry. I'm here to listen and I hope you don't and I hope you feel much better very very soon.

Starting to feel a tiny bit better. Holy Lord though the pains all over my body almost made me cry. I kept soaking in the tub when the chills and pain were horrible . Tylenol, flu and sinus has helped though.

46 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

Starting to feel a tiny bit better. Holy Lord though the pains all over my body almost made me cry. I kept soaking in the tub when the chills and pain were horrible . Tylenol, flu and sinus has helped though.

I'm so sorry and I am glad the meds are helping some!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Batya33 said:

I'm so sorry and I am glad the meds are helping some!

We are sitting up and on the sofa today. We aren’t in horrible pain but now coughing . 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Seraphim said:

We are sitting up and on the sofa today. We aren’t in horrible pain but now coughing . 

Hope you're doing better -are you both sick?

I am starting on a definite up swing. My fever is finally gone and the congestion is loosening up. I have lost my sense of smell completely though. My mom is on her worst day. 

My husband went back to B yesterday and back to work today. 

2 minutes ago, Seraphim said:

I am starting on a definite up swing. My fever is finally gone and the congestion is loosening up. I have lost my sense of smell completely though. My mom is on her worst day. 

My husband went back to B yesterday and back to work today. 

I hope your mom is better tomorrow and so often the loss of smell is temporary 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I hope your mom is better tomorrow and so often the loss of smell is temporary 

For sure. I lost my sense of smell the first time as well. It came back. I do know someone who never got it back though . 

• Sad 1

Seriously 😒 we go to get groceries today and of course we have to take her car. We get to the store and she is pissy because all the disabled spots are gone . And one person is coming out and they walk perfectly fine to their car. She mutters not too disabled are they. She says I have a walker and a cane and can barely move . I said ,” mom  I keep telling you that disability is not just physical. “ As she says this shyte in front of her disabled grandson. Then as we are walking into the store she says non of the people parked in the disability spot have placards. I , yes, mom they do I can see it from here . Then she is yelling at me why do you have to nitpick me !!! 

Someone shoot me please. 

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

I said these people could have a heart condition, COPD , or anything you can’t tell by looking . And she says yeah but their legs work and mine don’t and it is much harder for me to walk. I am silently rolling my eyes . 

Just now, Seraphim said:

I said these people could have a heart condition, COPD , or anything you can’t tell by looking . And she says yeah but their legs work and mine don’t and it is much harder for me to walk. I am silently rolling my eyes . 

I was screamed at when I was in my third trimester for taking one of several empty seats in the front of a bus reserved for elderly or disabled people .  It didn't feel good -yes I told her I was pregnant and she insisted it was not a disability.

• Sad 1

13 minutes ago, Batya33 said:

I was screamed at when I was in my third trimester for taking one of several empty seats in the front of a bus reserved for elderly or disabled people .  It didn't feel good -yes I told her I was pregnant and she insisted it was not a disability.

She just HATES HATES HATES being challenged or being proved wrong. And I like facts being facts and she is like facts be damned the relationship is more important. I don’t give a crap if they have a sticker or not and I should have a right to say how I feel if I want. And I said but you aren’t saying how you feel you are giving inaccurate comments and being ableist . 

• Sad 1

15 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Seriously 😒 we go to get groceries today and of course we have to take her car. We get to the store and she is pissy because all the disabled spots are gone . And one person is coming out and they walk perfectly fine to their car. She mutters not too disabled are they. She says I have a walker and a cane and can barely move . I said ,” mom  I keep telling you that disability is not just physical. “ As she says this shyte in front of her disabled grandson. Then as we are walking into the store she says non of the people parked in the disability spot have placards. I , yes, mom they do I can see it from here . Then she is yelling at me why do you have to nitpick me !!! 

Someone shoot me please. 

I’m sorry Seraphim I have to laugh! 

I often pull up in the disabled because everyone takes up all the family and child spaces but I do it really late, at near close (I food shop late normally!) 

Once I was getting out and I noticed a woman leaving the shop was looking at me with That Look of Disapproval. She said, “You do know that’s a disabled parking space” and I said “Yes I do, but there are 9 others, how many disabled people are turning up?” And she shook her head and called me “Beyond ignorant” LOL

I shouldn’t technically have done it, but it was like, 20 minutes to closing time 🤪 

I should have said, “How DARE you, not all disabilities are visible!!!! I have a crippling tonic water addiction! Have some compassion!” 

🥤 

x

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Batya33 said:

Absolutely ridiculous! 

My pet peeve is what we call here in England “Jobsworths” which is, blind rule following and ignoring all common sense and free thought!

Rare times I’ve used public transport with the kids, I remember just having my son at the time (think he was about 2) and we both gave up our seat (he was sat on my lap) for an old lady who came hobbling on using canes. It’s the decent thing to do!

x

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, mylolita said:

Absolutely ridiculous! 

My pet peeve is what we call here in England “Jobsworths” which is, blind rule following and ignoring all common sense and free thought!

Rare times I’ve used public transport with the kids, I remember just having my son at the time (think he was about 2) and we both gave up our seat (he was sat on my lap) for an old lady who came hobbling on using canes. It’s the decent thing to do!

x

Yes I do that and always look to do that and I'd have tried to stand when pregnant if I was taking the last seat or if an elderly person got on and seemed to want my particular seat. My son is always ready too.  

• Like 2

Ah fack just shoot me; my mom wants a FB account and “ to add me” 😒😒😒😒😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😳😳😳 like haven’t got a strong enough strangle hold ? 

• Sad 1

16 hours ago, Seraphim said:

Ah fack just shoot me; my mom wants a FB account and “ to add me” 😒😒😒😒😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😳😳😳 like haven’t got a strong enough strangle hold ? 

So glad you got sense of smell and taste back! My friend- tested for covid for one reason -because she is now the caretaker for her elderly, ill stepdad and she didn't want to risk getting him sick -she said -all that she felt (she is our age) was swollen sinuses and maybe a little tired? Positive!! She had no clue and it might be her first time (yes fully vaccinated and yes leads a careful lifestyle).  

Does your mother know the ins and outs of the risks of being hacked on FB, not accepting friend requests from strangers or where it seems odd?

2 hours ago, Batya33 said:

So glad you got sense of smell and taste back! My friend- tested for covid for one reason -because she is now the caretaker for her elderly, ill stepdad and she didn't want to risk getting him sick -she said -all that she felt (she is our age) was swollen sinuses and maybe a little tired? Positive!! She had no clue and it might be her first time (yes fully vaccinated and yes leads a careful lifestyle).  

Does your mother know the ins and outs of the risks of being hacked on FB, not accepting friend requests from strangers or where it seems odd?

She just wants to keep up with people she isn’t close to anymore due to the move  have them on MY FB and hers. Yeah, no, I don’t need her nieces who almost the same age as her on my FB. I have met them like 7 times at the most . I don’t need them stalking me for her . 

The just wants a stranglehold and always telling me how to be, how act what to say , how to talk to my son etc etc etc how to raise my almost 27 year old son etc etc 

2 hours ago, Seraphim said:

She just wants to keep up with people she isn’t close to anymore due to the move  have them on MY FB and hers. Yeah, no, I don’t need her nieces who almost the same age as her on my FB. I have met them like 7 times at the most . I don’t need them stalking me for her . 

The just wants a stranglehold and always telling me how to be, how act what to say , how to talk to my son etc etc etc how to raise my almost 27 year old son etc etc 

Totally understand just hopefully she'll keep it very private and locked down -so many scammers targeting the elderly!

We went on a trip down home because she needed to do stuff. The worst EVER. She coughed and coughed and coughed and coughed all night and day. We shared a hotel room bad move. The coughing I know she couldn’t help but she can help by not asking me idiot questions after I go to sleep and waking me up until 12:30 because she doesn’t sleep that early. 
Yesterday is she got one of the worst migraines ever and I drive the entire 9 hour drive home stopping for her to puke every 20 KM. 
Then I am accused of driving her car in the “ wrong drive “ and I am going to break her car etc. Never and I mean NEVER travelling  anywhere longer than an hour with her . 

• Sad 1

I can’t remember who said it but , yes, she isn’t growing old happy. She is virulently pissy about it . She can’t even carry her own purse anymore it is “ too heavy” We got a pedicure while away and she is at the front paying then tosses her purse and keys and everything else on top of me and says come on as she is toddling off with her cane. I roll my eyes and throw down her stuff so I can pay my bill. 

This elderly old lady call me princess shyte has to go. But if you call her old she drags out “ studies” on calling people old makes them die faster . 😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫😵‍💫🙄🙄🙄🙄