Is the alpha male thing true?

GuiltyAsCharged

Now, based upon that the idea of being an "alpha" is about having control, boss around others, exact submission and obedience. If you believe any of those things are good for a relationship.... you've got to be joking. Also not the part about "exclude the possibility of a partnership at the top." Sounds like being an "alpha" is a lonely road to take.

No, controlling and bossiness in a relationship are not good things. But you are delving too deeply into the idea of 'alpha male'. The extent to which i am looking at it is purely from an attraction point of view. Like it or not, a lot of women DO fall for the alpha male traits.

This is fact. We have several examples. We also know that NOT all 'alpha males' are bad boys. It is not always that the alpha male WANTS control over a group. Sometimes the control is given to him by the group. Does this make him a jerk? No. If one guy tends to be slightly more outgoing and easy to get on with than the other guys in the group, and has something about him that naturally draws people in, then he might be deemed in the group's unconcsious mind as the 'alpha male'. It is not something he has chosen, and he does not go out and try to get control over anyone. However, because he has been given that position by the group, it shines through to others who see him as part of that group. This is where the attraction may arise.

The best type of alpha male is the one who is in that situation, but knows that they must treat people kindly, and that it is not all about control.

You are once again too quick to assume that all people who demonstrate alpha male qualities are the same. This is not true.

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ahh what should i say ? here is what i think..As shysoul said u need to believe your heart, trust ur self..

Being confident doesnt mean u have to read books or go these ****sites

You dont have to be a good actor to act like u have confidence. Why dont u just have real confidence ??? Why do u need to fake it if u can do it really ? Be yourself, if u r shy try to have more guts and have more confidence..

Summary : why do u have to act as if u r confident, just be real confident.

This is all from one of David D's emails....I'm tired of tryin to convince Shy of all this and every other guy who defines himself as a 'nice' guy out there...this is true. This is why being the 'alpha' male is true to meeting and gettin along better with women. CHALLENGE..love that word