Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Appetizer ideas needed

BecxyRex

Sooo, as the title suggests I'm in need of some appetizer recipes. Preferably something quick to make.

We are having a little get together and in honor of the World Cup I want to prepare some things from around the world. If you have ideas or family recipes you want to share I'd be very grateful! Anything from anywhere, but I'd be specifically intrigued by French and Spanish cuisine. Also deserts are welcome too!

Here's something I learned from our local super market that's really delicious and quick to make. Half some cherry tomatoes, plop them into a sea of plain yogurt, drizzle some balsamic glaze on top, rip up some basil leaves and sprinkle in the mix and at last a bit of sea salt. From one Martha Stewart to another ;)

Ugh, I am not exotic at all....but I'm a runner so I love to eat :D I usually keep it simple with appetizers but I understand your theme, great idea! I know you'll find better ideas than mine but one great one for France would be a French brie cheese, baked in puff pastry. You can buy these puff pastry sheets in the freezer section, pick out a double creme French brie 'wheel' and there are variations on the toppings. Could be figs, something savory like prosciutto, almonds and honey. I would have a fresh French baguette to serve alongside. This is very quick/easy to make; I did it once for a weeknight date. Prepped it quickly, it baked while I was getting ready, easy peasy.

For Spanish.....I would google some Tapas ideas. Small plates also double as perfect appetizers. Good luck, your party sounds fun!

My stuffed mushrooms are always a huge hit. I've started doubling the recipe because they go fast:

3 slices bacon, cooked & crumbled

8 oz. cream cheese

2 tbsp. grated parmesan cheese

2 drops worcestershire sauce

1 lb. mushrooms, washed & stems removed

2 more tbsp. parmesan cheese, for sprinkling on top.

Mix all ingredients. Spoon into mushrooms. Sprinkle the 2 extra tbsp. parmesan cheese on top.

350° for 25-30 mins.

Archived