Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Is Anyone Else Watching The Royal Wedding?

katrina1980

That dress!!

And the bride walked down the aisle alone!

Megan and Harry look so sweet, Harry looks quite choked up, actually.

So exciting, we don't have anything like this in America.

Anyway, congrats to Harry and Megan!!

Beautiful.

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Been reading about Prince Harry; he has dated some of the most beautiful women in the world, and has said of Megan - he knew within TEN minutes he was in love and would marry her!

They only dated for *five* months before engagement!!

Things can and DO happen really fast like that when it's right.

I remember Charles and Diana as well, she looked so uncomfortable but i was too young to notice back then. But was a huge huge fan of her ever since and this was so emotional today to watch him from being born to walking behind her coffin to being so happy now! I loved it! I love them both and they look so happy❤❤

I have a race tomorrow, so I didn't want to break schedule and get up in the wee hours! I've been watching clips, looks beautiful! I will tune in this evening when the BBC broadcasts highlights! I've never missed a royal wedding in my lifetime, wish they had decided on next week, LOL!

They actually met and started dating in the summer of 2016 and the engagement was November 2017.....

Oh okay, either the American press reported it incorrectly (typical) or I misunderstood!

Apologies if I got that wrong.

I did read a quote from Harry though, that he knew within ten minuties he would marry her.

Agree it was very emotional, and I love how this wedding broke tradition in many ways.

Not sure how Brits feel about that, but I applaud Megan for not wishing to follow typical British protocol and incorporating her own culture into it (she is American and mixed race).

Yes, he took her from the point of the choir.

Ya it was a very sweet moment.

If/when I get married (kinda been warming up to idea lately, more so than in the past), that's what I will do too.

Have one of my brothers meet me at the end. :D

Ya it was a very sweet moment.

If/when I get married (kinda been warming up to idea lately, more so than in the past), that's what I will do too.

Have one of my brothers meet me at the end. :D

I didn’t know if my dad was going to show up to mine so I had my brother lined up in case. When the minister asked “ who gives this woman to be married....” my dad said , “her family .” Probably one of the only sweet things he’s ever done for me .

I didn’t know if my dad was going to show up to mine so I had my brother lined up in case. When the minister asked “ who gives this woman to be married....” my dad said , “her family .” Probably one of the only sweet things he’s ever done for me .

I remember that! You have posted about that previously I think unless another poster's dad said same.

Yes that was very sweet, at least he came through for you on your special day.

Sorry about the other days. :(

OMG Meghan and Harry just emerged, her in a Stella McCartney gown (I would have gotten married in *that* dress!), Harry in a tuxedo, and that car!!

Very James Bondish, which is weird, I actually had a James Bondish type dream last night!

I hate them right now, LOL, just kidding, I am very happy for them, a real life fairy tale come true!! ❤

I really liked her veil. I'm not usually a veil fan, but I liked how it had incorporated flowers from 53 of the commonwealth countries and California in its design. I loved Amal Clooney's outfit. The cellist was amazing. Oprah's dress was too tight though, I wasn't a fan. Camilla's hat was out of control, hahah.

I find the notion of "giving away the bride" rather silly. She's 36 and divorced. It's not like in the old times when the young bride went straight from the family home to live with her husband. I feel bad that her dad missed out on an important day. Families are weird sometimes.

I find the notion of "giving away the bride" rather silly. She's 36 and divorced. It's not like in the old times when the young bride went straight from the family home to live with her husband. I feel bad that her dad missed out on an important day. Families are weird sometimes.

I read her dad was (is) ill and couldn't make the trip. Who knows if that's true or not.

Re Prince Charles completing the bridal procession with her, perhaps that was in keeping with typical British protocol?

She broke tradition in other ways, so wanted to at least adhere to that tradition. Just guessing,

My ex and I were planning a wedding in Hawaii, outdoors on a beach!

No aisle to walk down and no one "giving me away."

So inclined to agree with you but some folks are still big on tradition I guess.

Apparently, Meghan is also going to make a speech at reception tonight, which is also breaking tradition.

I like that she's an independent thinker and doer (she's American after all, lol) and that the royal family seems to have accepted this!

They were probably allowed to break with traditions because he won’t be King anyway.

S, I have a question about that.

Why is he sixth in line? Do you know? Or anyone else know?

Who's in front of him besides Prince Charles and Prince William?

A bit confused about that.

S, I have a question about that.

Why is he sixth in line? Do you know? Or anyone else know?

Who's in front of him besides Prince Charles and Prince William?

A bit confused about that.

Prince Charles

Prince William

Prince George

Princess Charlotte

Prince Louis

All come before him. His father,his brother and his brother’s children all inherit before he does .

Prince Charles

Prince William

Prince George

Princess Charlotte

Prince Louis

All come before him. His father,his brother and his brother’s children all inherit before he does .

Thanks but why would Prince William's sons inherit before both of Prince Charles's sons?

Doesn't make sense to me, but heck not gonna question British protocol and history!

Thanks for explaining!

Thanks but why would Prince William's sons inherit before both of Prince Charles's sons?

Doesn't make sense to me, but heck not gonna question British protocol and history!

Thanks for explaining!

Because the first born inherits and it goes down through the first born . It does not make sidesteps to other children . Queen Elizabeth was the oldest she also had a sister princess Margaret . Then Queen Elizabeth had Prince Charles, Princess Anne and Prince Andrew and Prince Edward. Prince Charles is the first born so he inherits ,his first born son also inherits, his first born grandson also inherits. It is the way British law works for the monarchy .

When Queen Victoria became queen the only reason she inherited is because her father was dead and the king, her uncle had no surviving brothers or sisters and no children of his own. She was the only direct line royal member to inherit. She was the daughter of one of the king’s brothers .

Archived