How to get someone to back off

Maddyb12

Hello everyone!

There is a guy in my life I met last year, timing was never really right and then I got into a relationship and he would pop up every once in a while seeing how I was. Since my relationship ended he has been persistent about wanting to go out etc. I’ve told him multiple times that I’m not interested in dating right now, basically told him I’m just focusing on myself. I used to think he was a catch but his behavior the last few months has completely turned me off. He texts me over and over example since last night I’ve received 16 texts from him. He asked if I wanted to go out for st Patrick’s day and I told him I had dinner plans with a friend, he responded by accusing me of lying and that I must have started dating someone. I told him he has no right to accuse me of that and to leave me alone. Since then he’s texted me sixteen times, they go from happy to angry. Calls me babe and beautiful asking if I’ll forgive him to telling me to just be honest if I’m talking to guys. I’ve told him time and time again when he texts me over and over I’m not going to respond and that we aren’t together. I feel like I’ve done everything to “let him down easy” but we are treading into territory where I just want to go off on him because I feel like he’s had no respect for anything I’ve told him.

Any ideas? Do I just block him? Nothing that I’ve done has worked

How does he know your relationship ended? Why are you communicating with him this much in the first place? If you don't want the flattery and attention, block him.

Since my relationship ended he has been persistent about wanting to go out etc. Calls me babe and beautiful . we are treading into territory where I just want to go off on him because I feel like he’s had no respect for anything I’ve told him.
Seems like you enjoy the attention he is giving you, or else you would’ve blocked him already.

Exactly, drama for dramas sake. There's far too many ways to keep people out of your life now a days, pick a method. You keep him in your orbit, based on my response to one of your other posts you seem to like men until they like you then you run. Deffinetely something to look at and work on while you're still young.

We know work in the same field and know the same people that’s how he knows my relationship had ended. I haven’t blocked him because from my experience when you block someone they still find a way. This is new behavior and that’s why I’m seeking answers from you guys. Before we had a friendly rapport it wasn’t like this, I haven’t expressed interest in over a year and have told him this. As for the remark regarding I should seek help, I’m not currently dating and have joined a gym group etc and working on myself.

I wouldn’t consider any of this flattery or attention, I ignore and I haven’t blocked because I don’t want him showing up at my work or reaching out to mutual friends etc. I had thought telling him I wasn’t interested would be reason enough to leave me alone or atleast stop with the messages regarding dating etc. but I guess not

I read a very disturbing story yesterday about a man who "thought" he was "in a relationship" with a woman who only considered him a friend.

But because she didn't want to hurt his feelings, she tried to "gently" show him through her actions (and words) that they were not in a relationship and she only considered him a friend.

For whatever reason, he refused to believe it and one day presented her with an engagement ring.

She refused it, and what he considered to be her "sudden" rejection, resulted in something going off in his brain, and he got his gun from his closet and shot her in the face, killing her.

True story!

We block our family members and we cut ties lose with them if we need to, yet we struggle to do the same with a stranger,, why is that?

Make your life easier, and block him, i don’t care if he works in the same building as you, as long as he is not someone you are forced to deal with, and when he finds a way to contact you, find a way to block him. You control this not him.

Archived