The age issue..

levie

I just wanted to say, for the benefit of the OP, I'm a 33 year old female and people have made a "big deal" about my age ever since the day I turned 30 because I apparently look and act much younger. That has ironically made me more self-conscious of my age, because it is always a topic of conversation and remark. Everytime someone says "No way you're not 33!! You look 23!" in my head, I hear, "damn that's old."

BUT

I did a youtube blind date video for fun, where the audience demographics was very young (12-30 year olds), and little boys left the funniest comments, like "I'd holler and I'm 11 years old" loll

Anyway, this helped me get over it. No one cares. Don't lie. You screwed up with this one.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If he is 47, he probably doesn't want children with the next partner. Most women at 40 don't either. This might have something to do with his wanting to know. I think you should come clean on it.

Where I am from and did all of my dating many women late 30s/early 40s wanted to try to have a child and used online dating sites to find a husband. I started dating my husband at 39, as was he -we both wanted children and started trying when I was almost 41. I also know and know of several men in their 40s/late 40s who wanted more children or a child. I met several men who were upset about being lied to in part because of their desire to have a child (but mostly because of the lie and waste of their time).

If he is 47, he probably doesn't want children with the next partner. Most women at 40 don't either. This might have something to do with his wanting to know. I think you should come clean on it.

Just as women are having kids later and not having them at 20, men are dealing with their careers or even had an early failed marriage and decide that they want children. They could have initially married a woman who already had children, later divorced and want a child of their own. They could have had a wild life in their 20s and started to reprioritize later than most people did. its not strange these days for a man in his 40s to marry a younger woman in her 30s and have a family

The whole obsession with looking younger, or wanting to be younger kind of bugs me. With age comes valuable qualities, like wisdom and experience .

Same. And that would be part of the turn off for me, besides the lie, when someone is obsessed with seeming younger than they are.

I get told I look 10 years younger than I am all the time. I never lie about my age but I do make people guess if they ask because it's amusing. I work in the tech industry which is dominated by young people and I think I might get asked because they suspect I'm older.

Maybe I do look 10 years younger, or it may mean people underestimate because they don't want to offend if they're wrong. Also, people have a tendency to compliment looks when they're face to face. Nobody is going to say "Oh, you look every second of your age!" At worse they'll say nothing. Where did you get this 32 number?

I would not take what other people say as gospel and let it go to your head.

Archived