Need some sound advice

jtothet1927

I have been single for about a year now, I was 1 month away from getting engauged when she broke it off with me. We dated for 3 years. Until recently, I was content with being single. I happened to run into a girl i went to high school with the other day, and she is all I can think of now. In high school, she wanted to be with me, but I had a girlfriend at the time, and we could never time it right to date. I was very interested in her, and thought she was a great girl. We ended up going to the same college and I saw her from time to time but she always had a boyfriend. She came over to my apartment one night and we got drunk. She starting making advances and I told her no, and let her sleep in my bed and I slept on the couch that night. Until the other day, that was the last time I ever saw her. Every since I ran into her, She is all I can think about. I've had butterflys in my stomach for about a week now, and they will not go away. I have never had feelings like this before, with anyone. I can't understand why my feelings are sooo strong towards her. The big problem I have now is that she is married and has a kid. I will not attempt to talk to her again, and have no plans to try and see what could happen. I respect that she is married with a child. How do I stop the butterflys? How do I get over this powerful feeling that I have never experienced before? Why her, why now? If anyone can offer any help it would be much appreicated.

I feel ya man. Why do you think you feel this way? I mean im sure shes a very cool person, but why are you having these intense feelings?

Let me just say after my breakup with my ex girlfriend i developed some feelings for another woman. This girl was always kind to me, which was basically the opposite of my ex. Obviously i had these new feelings because of what I was going through, not because of her. Im not trying to infer you have these 'rebound' feelings, because you are far along in the break up between you and your ex. Im just trying to say that there is probably a reason you are having these feelings and most likely it has something to do with you and what you are currently going through.

I have no idea why I'm feeling this way. I know I really liked her back in the day, but after so long, for those feelings to still be there, it's got me puzzled. I wrote a letter to her about a 8 months ago, explaining how I should have dated her, and how I was wrong for not showing her the affection she showed me. I never sent the letter to her, but it choked me up just reading it.

I'm over my ex. I agree with you though, I think this situation has something to do with me, not her, but I'm clueless as to what or why.

Thanks for the reply.

It sounds like your having these cravings, because of what could have been. If she liked you in high school and you saw her in College, then there was time, hypothetically, for a relationship. Yet since you now see her, it's like you have a chance and want to take it. Even though, you know realistically you can't. Try not to worry about it and it should pass. Good luck!