Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What's the last pizza you ate?

j.man

Margherita pizza from California Pizza Kitchen. I know....I live in Chicagoland and CPK? Really? But it was a forced co-worker's birthday lunch and that's the only thing on their menu I really like. It is actually a very good pizza. Mozzarella, fresh basil, tomatoes, thin crust. Delish.

I would never eat pineapple on a pizza. Or chicken. Or BBQ sauce. Nope!

OK so this is odd but I happened to have pizza about a week ago because we had no dinner food in the house and my husband bought a veggie pizza, frozen, he'd sampled at a supermarket. We almost never eat frozen pizza (maybe once a year or less), I usually don't like it and he also never buys what he might sample. So I made it and it was really good - imported from Italy, no cheese (but I added some and some grape tomatoes) and an excellent crust.

Typically we're a plain cheese family and we get a take out pizza.

I can't have it anymore due to being on a starch-based diet but the best pizza I ever had was a chicken wild rice pizza at Sven and Ole's pizza in Grand Marais, MN.

The last one I had I made myself with a cornmeal crust and topped with zucchini, onions, mushrooms, and sweet corn.

Archived