Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Celebrity Encounters

imsuperman

1. Ice T- He was playing softball with his friends. I was about 7 and he was a nice guy.

2. Brentley Gore. He was cast member of california dreams. He was playing street hockey with us.

3. Gary Coleman. It was at a beauty salon. He was not nice. Pushed me out of his way.

4. Tom Lister Jr.. Very sweet guy. Visited our gym when I was in high school.

5. Lee Ermey. I met him at the mess hall while I was in the US Marines. He signed post it note for me which I keep inside my copy of full medal jacket.

6. Wil Wheaton. I was drinking at a bar and he was just there.

7. Mayim Bialik. I saw her all the time when I worked at a retirement home as activity director. Her grandfather was a nice, friendly man.

8. Kevin Connolly. He was classmate of mine during a church class. Nice guy.

Yes, but never would ask or have asked them for a pic or signature. L.

Sean Connery and his wife

Ray Milland

James Coburn

Patrick McGee

Shakin Stevens

Jack Palance

The BeeGees (a very long time ago)

I'll think of a few more.......

My high school best friend's father stole Peter Falk's wife and married her. While the couples were friends, I baby sat PF daughters

A good friend of mine is currently engaged to Kerr Smith (from Dawson's Creek and currently on the Fosters)

My parents lived in a golf community. Robert Wagner, Sylvester Stallone, William Devane, Sean Conner, Alex Cooper, Kevin Costner

We invited Jack Lemmon to eat dinner with us, when he was dining alone.

He was such a sweet heart and just a regular guy happy to have the company.

My building does a lot of filming: Robin Williams, Nathan Fillian, Sarah Michelle Gellar, Seth Rogan, Steve Martin, Jodie Foster

Depends on your definition of "celebrity".

I've met Mark Lanegan of Screaming Trees/Mark Lanegan Band/QotSA fame. I saw him at one of his solo gigs and met him afterwards. Got a photo with him. I remember his hands being ice cold.

I've also met Jerry Only from the Misfits before their gig. Got a photo with him, also. He was a lot smaller than I thought he'd be.

I saw Mondo Generator in 2009, I think, and had a chat with Nick Oliveri. Cool guy.

Quite a bit.

Joan Jett (not her real name) is a family friend. My dad went to school with her. She is a very busy woman, doing what she loves that I only got to meet her a few times in my entire life. She is the first woman to achieve the Rock n Roll Hall of Fame... And my freaking role model.

My dad was best friends with Richard Thompson, very famous illustrator. Richard was good friends with Bill Watterson (artist behind Calvin and Hobbes). He passed away with Parkinson's disease about a year ago. He came to my HS graduation and wedding, and even hand drew me Christmas cards when I was a child. He was my godfather.

Buzz Aldrin and Neil Armstrong. I stood in a long line at the Smithsonian museum to "geek out" at those incredible American heroes. I cried horribly over Neil's passing

I once had breakfast with Jonas Neubauer, who is the world champion Tetris player (very coincidental). Incredibly interesting guy... I will never forget our conversations.

Once had a very popular Japanese Rock Band in my bedroom (I can't remember their band name, but Japanese girls would have a vendetta against me if they - or the Japanese Press - found out). A friend of mine was director of a soundstage at a Japanese festival and she invited them over to our house to hang out. Very sexy people.

A good friend of mine dated an NHL player from the Capitals. They aren't together, but I am so sad I couldn't have him

Now that I remember, I had another one. John McCain approached me at my local Starbucks. He approached me and asked "Whatcha reading?" And I'm embarrassed to say that when I looked up and saw him my first words were "What the f***?"

Al Gore when he was Veep. Advance team asked me to step aside in narrow passageway so he could walk by.

Bradley Cooper. Lol I had no clue. Starbucks. Fish out of water in the context i saw him and I was studying the details trying to fill in the gaps that would tie the clues together.

I thought he was maybe european, maybe not, maybe hipster. I thought his hair too long his suit too trendy and oddly tailored. I thought him the beneficiary of indulgent and wealthy parents. I thought it odd to see such a johnny-go-lightly at such an early hour.

Ya. Just a little judgmental. Chastened.

I saw Clark in Las Vegas. He was standing in line with his wife to waiting to get in line everyone else to see a show.

I saw Micky Rooney at the Hollywood Racing Track. He had just bought a ticket on a horse.

I saw Goldie Hawn at the Rose Bowl Flea Market in Pasadena, California. She was talking to a group of friends.

On each, occasion, none of the celebrities got mobbed, although they were recognized.

I also saw Elvis Presley perform in a show in Long Beach, California. This was in his later years, and he died shortly after.

chi

I saw Marco van Basten.... famous soccer player, not sure if y'all know him.... and i saw Dejan Savicevic, former ACMilan player and got his autograph and i met Danny Blind, former player and coach of Ajax, got his autograph and took pics with me and him..... not sure if anyone knows these guys though lol

Especially Marco was a huge deal for me since i was a very big fan! He was my first real crush hahaha.... he didn't feel the same lol

Archived