Her Destructive Behavior is Scaring Me...

ClaireDarling

Hello all,

I'm going to try and keep this short.

I have a friend who over the past year has increasingly become more and more difficult to deal with.

Starting from a while back, she used An anonymous app that we use at our university. It's just an anonymous posting form kind of like this, but without usernames.

She would always post and invite people over to hang out. On more than one occasion, if she invited a guy, if I happened to converse with him a lot, or he showed more attention to me, or even picked my cards in a card game, she would shot me a look or irritation. Basically a please stop talking, look. She would get short and snappy with me and whoever might be there. So there have been a handful of times when she would go so far as to not even talk to me because whoever is there is not showing her enough attention.

She's messaged me before telling me that she'd slept with three guys in a day and that the fourth was about to come over.

She comes from a pretty well off family. So much so that she's able to live in a two bedroom apartment that's well into the $2,000s and not have to pay a dime in rent.

She had a job for about a week, but she quit. But for some reason she still tells people she works there.

She currently doesn't go to class. I believe she has maybe two or three classes and on any given day, she sleeps until 3 or 4pm and just doesn't go. Her father is a lawyer and I'm almost certain if she fails due to absences, he's going to send a letter to the dean explaining why she should pass.

The other day, she was up at an unusual hour for her and I was like that's great! And she said she went for a jog before going to the gym. I don't mean to be rude at all, but most of the time, she has to hold onto me just so she can walk because she's had surgery on both of her feet multiple times. So, I'm almost certain she stayed up with a guy and didn't want anyone to know.

Anyway, later that day we were supposed to have lunch, but I didn't hear from her for a few hours. Finally when she did message back she apologized and said she passed out for a few hours. Like actual blacked out pass out. I was concerned and offered to take her to the hospital but she said she's fine and she's going to the doctor later in the week.

She just keeps doing things like this. Sleeping with any guy that shows her attention. Getting mad if the attention isn't on her. Lying about her classes and her job. I don't understand why she's doing this and I want so badly to ask but she's the type of person that if you make her feel threatened at all or you question her or even stand up and talk back, she'll take your friends away. We finally have a close knit group of friends and the minute I bring any of this up, she'll lash out because I've seen it before.

I just don't know what to do.

About the only part of this that's your business is her blowing off lunch dates. If she's constantly complaining about her choices, then yeah, tell her you don't want to hear it. Otherwise, it's her life to live. Limit your exposure to the extent which it benefits you.

Archived