• Created
  • Last Reply
My challenge for the day is to go to the supermarket without

A. Telling random strangers to eat my sh1t

B. Ramming my trolley up someones @rse

C. Calling anyone who stands between me and my rice/pea snacks a mother f&(&er

Only that? You are in good mood today

• 2 weeks later...

When I was just a teeny tiny little stoner bird from Blighty we would all put the tree up as a family , mam , dad , brother and myself , so when I had Emily that became our tradition as well . We have a Christmas CD we put it on , get everything out of the loft and operation grotto starts . I am just taking 5 minutes to have me a marley and a coffee with salted caramel in it , watching Ems put the tinsel on the tree and I was just transported back to my living room as a child , my mam and dad and all the memories we made together ... and now they have gone ( way to kill a good story Longstocking you crazy b1tch ) ...my memories are precious but I do have a little ache in my heart .

Thanks for writing that pip.

I'm feeling the same way. We are decorating and putting the tree up this weekend. I adore Christmas and a lot of that is due to so many beautiful experiences I had when young with my mom dad and brother. It's the first Christmas without mom , and her first grandchild is growing in my tummy.

It's bittersweet but there is so much I am grateful for. Mom and dad are gone from the physical world but they are here - there are living in us.

Have a wonderful decorating day with your daughter!

When I was just a teeny tiny little stoner bird from Blighty we would all put the tree up as a family , mam , dad , brother and myself , so when I had Emily that became our tradition as well . We have a Christmas CD we put it on , get everything out of the loft and operation grotto starts . I am just taking 5 minutes to have me a marley and a coffee with salted caramel in it , watching Ems put the tinsel on the tree and I was just transported back to my living room as a child , my mam and dad and all the memories we made together ... and now they have gone ( way to kill a good story Longstocking you crazy b1tch ) ...my memories are precious but I do have a little ache in my heart .

You are not alone Pip. We all have those moments of nostalgia. Bittersweet ((hugs))

That's lovey. My holidays were so different. In retrospect, some of my experiences were kind of funny. But I'll post that stuff in my own journal, to preserve the beautiful Christmas spirit over here

Thanks for writing that pip.

I'm feeling the same way. We are decorating and putting the tree up this weekend. I adore Christmas and a lot of that is due to so many beautiful experiences I had when young with my mom dad and brother. It's the first Christmas without mom , and her first grandchild is growing in my tummy.

It's bittersweet but there is so much I am grateful for. Mom and dad are gone from the physical world but they are here - there are living in us.

Have a wonderful decorating day with your daughter!

oh grandy how the hell did I not know all of this ....I am so so sorry about your mum xx I / we know exactly what you are going through , the first Christmas , you sit back , parents gone and the memories coming flooding don't they ...but thank god for beautiful memories to actually have . I know I am slow to reply to things , but if you need to come on here and talk about your mum , cry , scream , shout ...you please help yourself , or if you just want to share your christmas stories .

A massive massive congrats for the baby .again , how did I not know this ..I am absolutely made up and I know the bitter sweet feelings you are/will have re your parents . They will be by your side grandy xxxxx

You are not alone Pip. We all have those moments of nostalgia. Bittersweet ((hugs))

thankyou my lovely darling and you're right , I will say that for this forum , it has been many years for us we have gone through alsorts and got just that bit older ( ouch) and we are all in this together , thankyou so much and massive hugs back xxx

That's lovey. My holidays were so different. In retrospect, some of my experiences were kind of funny. But I'll post that stuff in my own journal, to preserve the beautiful Christmas spirit over here

aww jibs I am sorry that your memories are not so sweet , that makes me sad for anyone but when you meet a darling like you it is even harder to swallow .. xxx lots of love and I have no doubt you yourself have created beautiful memories now xx

I am going to think about the stuff in life that touches deep because , well probably because the yellow tablets kicked in 15 minutes ago ...

Tea ...as in a cup of tea ... it has to be right , you can't go throwing any old tea bag into it ..so top spot goes to Yorkshire tea (obviously) , second is twinings but only when they are on offer next is a mix of lady grey and earl grey and that is were life really gets complicated . You cannot just appoint any time of day to earl grey , it needs it's place , I find lady grey is a bit more flexible though .

Cake ... I mean cake ..hot cake , cold cake , cake ....but ..BUT ....As Captain Picard would say * The line must be drawn * an that is were ice cream rears its controversial head . Ice cream is wrong and cold and will not ..I said WILL NOT ever share the same dish as me cake . I don't think I can add to that .

Bed ... f.f.s it is miles away ..

edit to add my deepest dilemma ...were and where ... I just can't get them right ..*sigh

I know right ...I tell thee jibs I am a freak of nature ...NO ICE CREAM ...however , when you find yourself on the shores of the longstocking world ....I WILL provide ice cream

I love ice cream, just not on my cake.

Call me weird - or - a purest.

I don't like cranberries in my salad or pineapple on my cottage cheese either.

Archived