So what do you do now?

tahlia

I'm sure there are heaps of peopel out there feeling how i do now. I havent been in a proper relationship for a couple of years. A year ago i really liked this guy who was one of my best friends and he hurt he badly, used me to be honest, which left a lot of bagage. I had a lot of trust issues but have been over it for some time and I have been lookingfor someone to fill that void.

All my friends are in loving relationships so i always feel like the loser single when we go out. We are a close group of friends so i never really meet anyone else and don't know how to or where to find a new guy. Now everytime i go out i feel so empty and depressed that i cant enjoy myself. I know people say that you dont need a man, but i do need love.. i've never really had it before..or had it returned. Has anyone been in a similar situation? How have they coped? I dont want to become a reclsuive and be depressed all the time. People say it happens when ur not looking but i've been waiting for someone for quite some time and no one who is actually looking for a relationship has come my way..only people who want a casual relationship. Something which i am not willing to try again. Any help?

Yes, tahlia, I know how it is. My last relationship was definitely my most serious, and when it ended it took me awhile to get back to dating. I've met a lot of guys, but none has that spark - and that integrity - I'm hoping for.

It IS difficult to feel okay with singleness when all your friends are hooked up. So...my suggestion is to meet some other people who are single. I don't know what age you are, but people get together for all sorts of activities. Sports, card games, dancing, hiking, painting, public speaking, theater, religious activities, etc.

I've also went looking to meet someone through Internet dating etc., but nothing's really worked out. I'm one of those people who will have to meet my guy when I'm not actively looking.

Take this time to develop yourself more. I know that you want romantic love, but developing close platonic friendships can also help fill that void. So can volunteering to help people less fortunate than you. That'll give you some idea of how lucky you are in other ways. Hang in there!

If you really want to find love, and not worry about being single, then why not look other places for single guys? Also, how old are you? Because if your at least 18 then you could go to a dating service. As long as you give the effort to search, you won't be disappointed. Good luck!

Thanks for your reply guys, it helps to know other people are in the same situation.

I'm 22. Thats a great idea to join some other social groups, maybe i'll take up some dancing lessons, i'm pretty shy when it comes to meeting new people so i guess it will be a challenge but so be it.