Won’t give me her love.

valenski

Hey everyone, I had a friend that meant so much to me, she knew me better than I knew myself. I really enjoyed her company and had always had feelings for her but never told her. We worked together for about two years and really got to know each other. She got ill and our employer decided to let her go, well this was about the time I decided to grow a pair and tell her how I truly felt, it couldn't hurt right? Wrong, she reciprocated and she her feels off her chest. At point I think things are great, I'm going to have a wonderful relationship, however, she couldn't leave her ex. I tried to show her he'd only hurt her again but she kept reminding me that she's been with him most her teenage life into adulthood.

This really didn't sit well and in anger I told her a lot of things, bad things. We had a lot of arguments during this time but things were real bad for me because the whole situation really stressed me out even gave me a cold soar, I'd fallen hard for her and not having her hurt everyday from dawn until dust. I went to her and she saw my state and I guest she felt sorry for me cause she really helped get through, all the time, she was able to keep it platonic. I'm much better and still feel for her and I have a deep seeded envy for her ex. My question is should I end our friendship because seeing him with her taunts and tortures me. Post your answers, thanks for listening.

Yes, valenski, I think you should distance yourself from her. It is hurting you too much right now. Maybe in time you will feel better and stronger, and seeing them together won't hurt so much. If you want to, explain this to your friend, so she knows why you aren't going to be talking to her for awhile.

It's a difficult situation since you have strong ties to her, but you need to do what's best for you, and what's realistic.