Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What makes you feel old?

Seraphim

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gawd, I was an adult when that came out!

The Home Alone movie is 26 years old this year.

Say what you want but my God, that makes me feel ancient.

I don't have too much of it anymore but back pain makes me feel very old.

As a whole though, I don't feel too old though. I think that will change as I get older but I don't feel afraid of aging within itself: I am just afraid of things that come with it. I am not worried about metabolism slowing down as much as I am worried about osteoporosis (I am high risk and it runs in my family) and other health issues. I worry about feeling lonely. I worry about saving up for retirement.

Overall though, I strive to live my life as well as I can, I plan my life path according to what I want to do, I live where I want, I avoid the people and responsibilities that I don't want in my life, I try to find meaning in what I do, and take a lot of time for myself, doing things I enjoy. Yesterday, I slept in very late, got up, ate sushi, drank water, went for a looong walk, and then played a new mystery game on my Playstation that I've been meaning to start. That was fun. I needed a "me" day, even though I try to take "me" time everyday.

Things like this make me feel not old, not young, but ageless. I have a few years until my 30s. I'm in my late 20s. I have no anxiety about that.

When my son comes home and tells me he "discovered" this great singer from a long time ago called Johnny Cash.

Weirder still is when he walks into the kitchen trying to match Steve Tyler's pitch on Aerosmith's "Dream On" and I realize I did the exact same thing, when I was his age.

Now, hand me my walker and pills, and get off mah lawn. (Ratchets shotgun at punks Dirty Harry style)

When my son comes home and tells me he "discovered" this great singer from a long time ago called Johnny Cash.

Weirder still is when he walks into the kitchen trying to match Steve Tyler's pitch on Aerosmith's "Dream On" and I realize I did the exact same thing, when I was his age.

Now, hand me my walker and pills, and get off mah lawn. (Ratchets shotgun at punks Dirty Harry style)

Hahahahahahaha. I I was about 30 when my step sister said to me " you have to hear this new band Queen. Well I almost burst a gut!

• 3 weeks later...

Archived