Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

What Is Your Favorite Movie?

katrina1980

Your absolute favorite....past or present.

As of last night, mine is 'Gone Girl'.

OMG what a great movie!

Sociopathic husband married to psychopathic wife.... doesn't get much better than that! XD

Right up there with 'Match Point' (a Woody Allen psych thriller)....which has now been bumped to second fav.

Yours?

• 5 months later...
Guest sathya

My favourite is Jurassic Park. Horrifying experience when a power breakdown afflicts the park and the dinosaurs begin to react violently.

Cinema Paradiso. The color. The humanity. The beautiful melancholy. It illustrates how we can be happy and sad and lonely and deeply connected, simultaneously. The layers, the complexity, of us. The threads that bind, represented visually by the shots of the town square with people crossing in all manner and direction. Threads of a crazy quilt.

Legally Blonde. She plays her own game, has faith in her strengths, and nails it. The meaning of life.

I have a ton for different reasons, but the ones I watch again and again are:

Pitch Black

Stand by Me

The Devil's Backbone

Green Room

Spongebob Squarepants the Movie (the first one, don't judge, it's hilarious)

The Last SamuraI

All of the Madagascar and Shrek movies

I'm sure there are more, those are just the ones I can think of off the top of my head.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Cinema Paradiso. The color. The humanity. The beautiful melancholy. It illustrates how we can be happy and sad and lonely and deeply connected, simultaneously. The layers, the complexity, of us. The threads that bind, represented visually by the shots of the town square with people crossing in all manner and direction. Threads of a crazy quilt.

Legally Blonde. She plays her own game, has faith in her strengths, and nails it. The meaning of life.

Yeah I loved Cinema Paradiso too. An old boyfriend (who is Italian) recommended I watch it and it's become one of my favs.

I liked Legally Blonde too and boy could I ever relate!

Archived