Open Club  ·  99 members  ·  Free

Off Topic

Whatever Happened to.....

Ebullition

Yep, S. It is severe indeed, but apparently not that unusual, at least in the U.S.A.

But hereabouts it seems fees range from 90 Euro up to 150 euro for the session.

It is very hard, precisely on the people most in need of therapeutic support, but who cannot afford it. I think some psychologists do "pro bono" work, but usually within the environs of a volunteer organization or such.

My aunt does the pro bono psych work. Unfortunately, I don't think she's much of a psychologist and maybe that's why she can't get paid work.

Many here have a "sliding scale" depending on what you can afford.

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yeh. I have a relative who has her own practice, and is very busy. I believe she is very good. But she does a bit of "pro bono" on Saturday in some organization where there are people who could never afford a therapist's fees. Sure, the Health Service has counsellors, but you'd wait maybe two months for an appointment and then if lucky see someone every three weeks. Not a lot of good if you find yourself in a bad place.....

The premise of the site was relationship advice and all things to do with relationships.

It's funny, when I first joined this site I thought the premise was community, as in "you are not alone", we are here to share and listen. Either I was mistaken, or it's shifted to be about advice. And sometimes that advice is less about encouraging and more about correcting.

Just to remark that Enotalone IS a Relationship Advice Forum. That is what it says on the tin, so to speak.

And indeed many many posters do ask, in their OPs, for advice.

Only speaking for myself here, I know if I would want straight up advice, no frills, then this is the place. IMO Enotalone has always been considered NOT a "there, there, dear" type of website/forum.

That is what it says on the tin, so to speak.

On the tin? Not sure what that means. I first found eNotAlone by googling a relationship question, which brought me to a post regarding that question. After that I'd return to the Forum page and choose different discussions to follow. At the top of the page is always the logo eNotAlone, and below that "You are not alone." I scan and scan the structure of the page and I simply do not see "This is a relationship ADVICE forum", but repeatedly I see eNotAlone and "You are not alone". To me that is a bigger message than "This place exists to give and receive advice." Sometimes people need to be heard. Being heard may be the first step to them gaining perspective, and they may or may not get there on their own.

Where is bluey , JA and brown eyes ... I used to love reading their dating thread .

oh and thor and MJ ...

pippy...I remember when you used to be shooting star. I hope you know...I AM "MJ" (formerly known as MCJD4ever). Changed my user name to John John (a common nickname the women in my life usually call me - romantically and platonically) a while back! Did you not know? HAHAHAHAHA!

I also really miss mhowe. I remember when I went through a brutal breakup in late 2012...she was the first person to PM me and offer me some really great advice. I didn't realize what she was saying at the time, as I was in the thick of the breakup pain, but she was spot on (as she always is). I sincerely hope all is well with her. She is awesome.

Crushed hard on happybear for a while (I affectionally called her "sexybear" a lot, but since she is now taken, I have to be respectful of her lucky bf hehehe). We spoke over the phone once and she sounds as adorable as she is. Also spoke with JA a few times a while back, her southern accent kills me. She says I sounded 'rougher' than she thought I would from my posts on here (I AM from NY...).

As for thor...I gotta give that crazy guy a call. I must admit I learned a few things from him. He was also pretty blunt in his dating posts, but for men who struggled with dating, I found a lot of what he had to offer (while rough around the edges) had quite a lot of merit.

Also wonder where Patrick74 is. He seems like an easygoing and nice guy. I feel like we'd be friends in real life.

pippy...I remember when you used to be shooting star. I hope you know...I AM "MJ" (formerly known as MCJD4ever). Changed my user name to John John (a common nickname the women in my life usually call me - romantically and platonically) a while back! Did you not know? HAHAHAHAHA!

I also really miss mhowe. I remember when I went through a brutal breakup in late 2012...she was the first person to PM me and offer me some really great advice. I didn't realize what she was saying at the time, as I was in the thick of the breakup pain, but she was spot on (as she always is). I sincerely hope all is well with her. She is awesome.

Crushed hard on happybear for a while (I affectionally called her "sexybear" a lot, but since she is now taken, I have to be respectful of her lucky bf hehehe). We spoke over the phone once and she sounds as adorable as she is. Also spoke with JA a few times a while back, her southern accent kills me. She says I sounded 'rougher' than she thought I would from my posts on here (I AM from NY...).

As for thor...I gotta give that crazy guy a call. I must admit I learned a few things from him. He was also pretty blunt in his dating posts, but for men who struggled with dating, I found a lot of what he had to offer (while rough around the edges) had quite a lot of merit.

Also wonder where Patrick74 is. He seems like an easygoing and nice guy. I feel like we'd be friends in real life.

Lol yeah I remember when pip was shootingstar too! I was confused when she changed her name.

Aww yeah I had an ENA crush on you too lol. I remember shamelessly commenting on your avatar. I miss Thor too, and JA, hope they are both happy

I was so pleased to see RainyCoast back here the other day. Though briefly.

Good to see there is a social club aspect to Enotalone.

Well on the way to becoming the best OLD site on the net.

awww hermes!!! ALWAYS come back!

i miss people when they're on hiatus too. i like to think our long standing members are just taking a very long break...

Archived