he was drunk & kissed me.....

jessijess

Ok, I've been haning out with the guy steve alot lately & can't figure out what the deal is. We've slept in the same bed wearing not much clothing, go out about 3-4 times a week, give each other massages, & nothing has happened. We've said that we want to hook up, but haven't, He also made a comment about lookng at me & thinking of my brother (that's how I met him).

Well last nite I went to the bar to meet up with him. I got there around midnight & he'd been drinking since about 7 so he was pretty drunk. I said hi to him & went off to visit evveryone else. When I went back over by him & a bunch of our friends, he grabbed my face with both his hands & kissed me on the lips. I was in shock! I had kind of done the same thing the week before, but he;s too tall for me to reach him & get him by surprise.

Anyone have any ideas on what might be going through his mind? Do you think it was a drunken thing or what?

From what you've said it sound it was just subconscious mind. He couldn't control his senses and thereforeeee people do things they normally don't do. I believe he's showing he likes, even though in a drunken state he might not realize it. When he's sober, see if he remembers anything. Good luck!

Do you think it was a drunken thing or what?

Nope, he didn't remember....

I remember reading one of your posts awhile ago, when you told him while he was drunk that you'd like him to kiss you sometime.

So awhile later he kissed you (while he was drunk).

I don't mean to get all technical, but I saw this post and realized that I had actually learned something in one of my classes. According to my psych class last semester, this is an example of state-dependent retrieval. It is the tendency to recall info learned in a particular physiological state (in this case, being drunk) most accurately when one is again in that physiological state (being drunk again).

That is why when he was sober, he couldn't remember anything.

So I guess you're going to have to wait until he is drunk again, to ask him more questions about why he kissed you, etc.

Since he didn't remember anything, than it's just good to let things be. I would suggest maybe since you both want to go out with him, then do it! He may not have remembered your kiss since he was drunk, but nonetheless if you like him, then set a date to go out. If you need anymore advice, then just PM me. Good luck!